• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

knots

bucketmouth64

I use the double Palomar knot... same thing as the palomar, but you go back through the hook eye twice. I've had a few break-offs at the knot using the regular palomar knot - it only seems to be a problem with small diameter light super lines.

I like the Palomar knot myself. My personal is that it's the easiest knot to tie and is very hard to screw up. I've tied with the uni-knot before and it's good but it is often hard to get just right.

I might have to try the double palomar. Is that where you just put the loop through the eye twice before pulling it around and over the hook.

Palomer for leaders, jigs, and hooks. Cinch for cranks and spinnerbaits.
I like the palomer best, but my hands just can't get used to tying that knot, so with bigger stuff I just use the cinch. Neither have EVER failed me.
I know a guy who can tie a palomer knot in about 2 seconds. It's absolutely amazing!