• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

replacing live well hose in Lund Predator II

Has anyone ever replaced the live well hose to a front livewell in a 1990 Lund Predator II? I am thinking my hose is leaking and wondered if it can be replaced without taking the floor out? Like maybe attaching new one to old one and pulling through. Sounds easy but maybe not. I can always plug the line at the transom but I sure do like the livewell in cooler times of the year. I guess no livewell is better than boat sinking. Appreciate any feedback..

I am not familiar with that boat, but on my Lund there is a pair of valves on the side near the console that controls fill, drain, recirculate. So there must be a hose from the pump in the back to the valve, and then a hose from there to the live well and something else to control the draining.

Any idea which hose it might be?

I have the same boat. Are you sure its not the drain tube leading to the exit out the bottom? I have replaced my whole floor, cant remember exactly where the aerator hose runs. Make sure its not any rivets in the hull. I know a couple of mine were fixed by the previous owner. You can gain access to both sides of the livewell, the screws are tough to find, especially with matted down carpet.

This is a tiller boat. The drain is an aluminum welded elbow that goes out the bottom side of the livewell and then straight down. It takes on some water even when the drain plug is in. What I wondered is if anyone has changed the fill hose which is from the transom to the front livewell without taking out the floor??:

Only way to tell is get access to the hose at the livewell, remove it from the fitting. Go into the bilge and remove the hose from the aerator. Its probably corrugated and then goes to a fitting to a vinyl hose. Look for a strap somewhere on the vinyl hose, remove it and push pull on the hose. If your lucky there aren't any more straps or sharp bends and you can pull a new hose through. Before you do that, plug the fill line at the livewell. Blow into the thru hull fitting for the aerator at the transom. Got a leak?

A friend had a boat leak. After plugging the thru hull fitting for the aerator at the transom the leak stopped. Turned out the stub on the thru hull fitting was cracked.

Check that and then check the corrugated hose and its fitting to the vinyl hose. Next check the vinyl hose.