• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

19 inch smallie

erikwells

I stopped by a nice little river pocket on my way home Friday. I was throwing a black and chrome risto rap. I only had a few minutes and on my last cast I landed a 19 inch smallie. It had a huge belly and the girth on it was amazing. Boy did he taste good! Just kidding! No camera but I did find a twig and snapped it to measure her length for when I got home. What a treat to have fish of this quality around. I hope others realize how lucky we are to have such great fishing. I know I feel fortunate.

How much do you figure my fish weighed?

Thanks and let the big ones swim.

I caught a 21" smallie on Sunday on a little lake north of Grand Rapids. What a HAWG! She hit on a spinnerbait in about 8' of water, well off shore on a weedline. We quickly weighed her @ 5.1 lbs., took a couple pictures and let her go. I bet she'll be pushing 6 lbs in the springs when she's full of eggs. One healthy, beautiful fish.

Coach Dog

Oh, by the way, I don't mean to brag, but it was my last cast of the year as we were coming in to the cabin. What a way to end a great fishing season.