• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Top Water Buzzing

SluggoMaster

I was out again this evening and the buzzers were still working. You have to find some milfoil near some deeper water, but they are there. I tried a few other baits but could not produce any. The cold snap last night has slowed the bite. I am going to give it another try tomorrow. The water temps were right around 60. The buzz-bite will be gone soon. frown.gif

Coach Dog hit it right on the head! Toss those buzzer's right upto hard water. The water temp on the Chain (Alex Area) was 58-59 on Thurs. with the big lake (Carlos) still at 62. We have a strong crank bite going and alot of average fish 2 to 2.5 up on the shallow flats. Coach Dog have you tossed the Accent buzz-bait? It's a double winged buzzer with small floats on the arms, looks odd, but the floats allow you to slow down your retreive and still keep the buzzer on the surface, I got a lot loss short strikes with it.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com

Agape,
I have not tried that buzzer, nor have I heard of it. Sounds like a great concept. Where can I get my hands on "one" of those? And by one, I mean about 5. ha ha. What depth, structure, or cover is treating you well right now?
Coach Dog

The bite was still going Saturday, even with the surface temps that were 57-58. I didn't catch as many, but they were decent fish. The wind was stronger than usual, which might have something to do with it. The cold weather this week will push those temps down lower, and the pattern will probably change.

I agree with Agape, keep going with topwaters in the fall until pretty late... The surface temp will cool much quicker than the rest of the water column - so the fish will remain more active than you would think when reading your surface temp. This is opposite of spring where the water will be cooler in the rest of the water column. Plus fish are feeding more heavily this time of year - weeds dying off providing less cover for baitfish, larger baitfish, etc.