• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to fish them this time fo year?

Dynasty

Hey guys, I was just wondering what methods work well for bass when the water starts to cool. Are they still chasing cranks, or are they getting slugish and going after slower presentations.

Any help would be great. I dont normaly fish bass this late in the year. I used to go after other species or had school.

It all depends, well for me it does. Last week Saturday I was nailing em spinnerbait. Then I went out this past Wednesday and only mustered up pike. My friend did find a pattern but it was little bass, so I really didn't bother.

Just experiment, they'll bite on something.

( Alex. area) Crank bait bite is heating up. So far rattles shallow and fat A's deep.
Water temps are starting to fall, 66 - 68 on Carlos this thurs. But, Fri. I was out and had to go back to T-rigs and Pig/jig to get quality fish. Every thing was shallow on Fri. but not chasing, they wanted a slow presentation. Caught 30 smallies, but was out fished 2 to 1 by walleye guys fishing shallow around me, using fat-heads and fireballs. Hard combo to beat this time of year.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com