• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smallmouth on Mille Lacs

Wayne Ek

Whopper, Smallie was over there last week and had a great time. He had a 50 plus musky also. Said most of the fish came shallow of the rocks. In the Alex area the smallies are just starting to move shallow again... the bite will just get better!!!

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com

Thanks Agape, noticed there were a few more postings under mille lacs and smallies now. sometimes it pays to post in a both i guess. Sounds like the fishing can be hit or miss, this weather this week and into the weekend should make it interesting. Would like to see a big musky like that too! Will let you know how the fishing goes.

Went to the big slue Sept 11th had a fantastic day. Boated a 52" muskie on a skiiter prop. One smallie that went a little over 21".

The only thing is the elements have to be right to be able to fish out there. Went there agin Sept 19th couldn't fish any of the areas that I had before. very rough we managed to scrape up 9 smallies all being about 15- to 16.5 ". The trip before we only had two under 17".

I have only been there 5 times and have the conditions right one time without big waves.

Needless to say, it was pretty dam tough for me this weekend on the smallies as well. enough for me to want to give up fishing the lake for a while. had a club tourney on there both days on the weekend and the waves and weather made it the worst i have experienced. my feelings are that the front last week is the first major cold front of the season and it sent fish into a tizzy. as these fronts continue to come through as they do in the fall, we should see them as having less impact on the bite (wind and waves is a different thing though).

Check out Fisher98's post on the Mille Lacs forum under Smallmouth report, he gives his depiction of how he caught fish. for me, i spent 16 hours having 2 legitimate bites, and a nice jumbo perch on a tube.

Wish i kept and ate that thing, at least salvage the weekend. ISH. Keep the reports coming, i need to be convinced i can get some again up there!
-Catchin'