• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tubes

HawgTide

It depends a lot on what type of cover your fishing. It sounds like your texas rigging if your having trouble penetrating the hook through the tube - for a 3.5" size tube, I'd be using a 3/O EWG hook. Run the hook all the way through the tube and just come back with the tip back in the tube - that will increase your hook ups for t-rigged style (tex-exposed).

Otherwise, if your not in real heavy cover use a regular tube jig head - you won't have any trouble with hook-ups on that exposed hook. I prefer to have the hook exposed unless cover prohibits it.

------------------
Catch-N Tackle Pro Staff

fb1467c2.jpg
[email protected]
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
- Henry David Thoreau

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 09-16-2003).]

This time of year I usually start to fish a little larger tube. Try a 4/0 Eagle Claw HP hook. Don't T-rig it, just skin hooking once you've come back thru the tube. Use a water gremlin bull-shot for the additional weight.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com

HawgTied, take a look at the Knock-N Jig on the Catch-N Tackle site. It has a very nasty sharp extra long shank Mustad hook. It is perfect for rigging tubes... and the same hook is in the Weed-N Jig too, only weedless. This is not the multi-hair-brush-bristle style of weedguard. It is only two small wires which accept a soft bite. I love these for rigging weedless tubes!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

The important thing when rigging a tube weedless, is to use a good wide gap hook. If fishing heavy cover use heavy line, so you can really lay into them. Run your wide gap hook(1/0-3/0) through the tip about 3/8 of an inch (if not using a weight) and out, turn and hold the tube along side of the hook to get the proper entry spot and run the hook back through the tube until it almost comes out the other side. The nice thing about the wide gap hook is that it also works as kind of a keel for the tube. When the bass clamps onto it give him all you got and have some fun. Super braids work best because of the strentgh to diameter ratio. You can get a 14lb fireline with a six pound diameter.

Hey HT,
When tube fishing I go with the largest hook I can get away with and the smallest weight I can. I have fished many different hooks and have found that the EWG Gamakatsu out performs them all. I usually use a 4/0 with 3.5 inch tubes.

------------------

Captain Doug Wintle
Spring Bay Resort and Guide Service
www.SpringBayResort.com
800-847-5253
[email protected]

use a 4/0 Gamagatsu through a D.Brauer flippin' tube-dark blue, 4.5" the hook will go in and out right where the tentacles start and then skin the tip- push the entire hook and barb through the tube and then just push the tip-hookpoint into side of the body, just enough to protect it. You'll be able to pull it through pads, milfoil and everything else. Use a 1/4 or 1/8 oz wt.nothing to heavy

Hey ranger, I have been trying to look for the D. Brauer flippin' tube. Where can I find some, local stores don't have it. At least I haven't seen any. I got some bass pro and they don't have it in the catalog this year. I love the longer tube and I haven't found one yet that comes close to his.

I know this was directed towards Ranger, but I think I can assist on this one.

The Denny Brauer flipping tubes were last seen at Galyans. No one will have much left because Ice fishing season is coming. May want to look at Cabelas.

The hook will go through the entire body of the tube. Then "skin" hook the point into the tube. (AKA TEXAS RIG) When a fish bites down the tube the "skin" will tear exposing the ever shap hook point. (Did this make any sense?)

This is a very weedless rig and works great in rivers as well as lakes. Makes me wonder why I didn't have one tied on last night.