• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Offseason

archerystud

Well I wanted the Wild to get bigger and Tuch has that. From what I watched the last couple days I was really liking Sonny Milano around 18 but Tuch is the bigger body...... except now I have to pull for another BC player (Gilmor), ICK!

Why does the NHL let about 6 poker faced management level staffers march onto the stage just to hand the draftee a hat and jersey and take a photo?

Then they walk off and most of the them leave the draftee to bring up the rear.

The NFL and NBA system is better. Just a photo with the commissioner and the team managers can do they're photos in the media room later.

Milano does look great on youtube but they do need to get bigger. The Finnish goalie intrigues me a bit.

A 17 year old at 6-1 209 might not be the type of goalie you want to crash the net on. His agent says he has more of a power forward type build, I guess so.

It's hard to hype up the NHL draft when most of the kids won't be playing for a while.

Brodin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Buff, we better be getting players/picks back in that one.

Nisky will get 5milX5yrs, too rich for us. I hope we don't go for Vanek, unless it's a short, short deal. He's 30, we're young, 3yrs max with enough room to retain out young'ns. Otherwise, pass.

If we can get Nisky for $5m per for 5 years I say take him! It sounds like he'll have offers for 7 yrs though. He can play either side, captain the powerplay and score some goals.. oh ya and he was +33 last year..

Yeo is meeting with Vanek today to go over line up possibilities and what not so maybe he'll be able to convince him not to take those 6 yr $7m contracts and some here lol. I'll be surprised if they can reach a deal but what do I know?

And ok, then Brodin for Kane.

Other interesting posibillities are Iginla and Thornton?

Reading Russo, it it sounds like Iggy is a long shot, mostly because he wants to resign in Boston and Boston wants to resign him. I guess Boston just needs to clear a bit of room.

Would be nice to have a guy like Iginla here.

Thats insane what Dallas did. Makes you wonder what some others are going to command. Could get interesting.

If Vanek whats a ginormous deal, just pass and wait it out. Dont go after some second tier guy either. Wait til the trade deadline and figure something out.

Not sure how the "qualifying" offers things work out with RFAs. Does this mean they can also get offers from other teams even though the Wild offered them? I wasnt clear on how that worked.