• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Salt Content - Senko and others

hmmm... it comes out fine on my computer. How about this...
fb7931cb.jpg

Here is a zoom on the portion that is difficult to read...
fb792ede.jpg

[This message has been edited by fishnAddict (edited 08-05-2003).]

I still can't figure why mr yamamoto makes both kanami and senkos. They are basically the same thing made by the same guy with two different packages!

That is right, Gary Yamamoto's son Derek owns and runs Kinami baits.

The senko and Kinami flash are identical. Manufactured in the same plant, the slight varition in salt content in the chart would be due to process variation. They are identical baits.

There are a couple different reasons for doing this as I understand it. They want to keep the senko line to smaller distrubutors. The senko line offers many more colors than Kinami. The Kinami line was originally brought in so that BassProShops could carry the product. So this allows them to sell to the large chains and still keep with their original plan of keeping the Senko line out of the mail order, large distributor type chains. They also wanted to offer a cheaper alternative to the senko. While the price per worm comes out within pennies, you can buy a pack of Kinami's cheaper due to the smaller package of 7 (senko packaged per 10). It gives those that are not willing to shell out $6 a chance to try the baits..

Now what I don't get after learning all of this.. How can Cabelas get away with carrying the Senko line mail order?