• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake trout fishing

The Manitou is a great Lake Trout Lake, very deep clear cold water. The landing for Esox/Manitou is only a little over an hour from the border crossing at I-Falls/Fort Frances. The resorts on Manitou are boat in, we are 20 miles in...more info on our HSOforum below.

Dusty,

Nope, no lakers in Rainy. I have spent a few weekends on Lower Manitou for lakers, tho always in the winter. Drop me a line and I can see what I can find out for you. I know a few locals that can point you in the right direction.

Dusty

Pipestone would be close(about an hour). SuperBee is someone you should talk to. If you want to drive and put a boat in, on the way to Kenora up through Sioux Narrows you would have Whitefish and Regina Bays on Lake of the Woods, Dogpaw, Caviar, Highwind, Hillock, Porcus, Dogtooth, and Dryberry come to mind on the trip up there. You can get to all of them with a vehicle. You can email me at [email protected] if you would like more info. We fish most of these summer and winter.

The people fishing on White Fish Bay are getting some nice fish. Bank or out of the boat - lots of 8-9 pounders with the some in the teens . Cow bells are best as of right now. If you are looking to drive up for the day to launch or need a cabin - Vic & Dots Camp can set you up .

Have a good one

Robert