• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Erie Smallmouths

Diago

I am thinking of going to fish some of those smalmouths I have been hearing about. Can anyone tell me if it is worth the trip from Mn. to fish there. Is it that good? How about a place to stay and place to launch from, any recomendations?

Thanks Alot!

Jim

I have fished Erie a few times. You will catch a lot of fish and some big ones. It is a long way out there and wind can keep you off the lake for the whole trip. I would say go to Mille Lacs too. Or try Rainy still the best lake I have been to. If you want to travel a little bit I would go to Chequamegon bay in Ashland it is about 1hour from Duluth. Bay De Noc in the up of Michigan is anither great spot. If you were going to go that far I would have a backup plan of fishing the Detroit river or lake st. Clair.