• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help

i need some tips for catching big bass...they're my faorite to catch and i need more. where is the best part of a lake to fish them??........n e other tips??

-Nate

Fish deeper for the bigger fish in general. That is a guideline and not a rule.. There will be days and certain times of the year where the big bass will be in shallow... Normally if you find the big fish in shallow after spawn they will be in thick cover or sheltered by docks (unless you get them at night or early morning roaming the shallows for food)... The big fish I've got in shallow have all been in thick vegetation - pads and/or foil mats... I normally like to start out the morning shallow as you will sometimes catch the big fish in shallow feeding... if all you are getting is small fish, move deeper until you start getting into bigger fish... Remember, Big fish are lazy... they look for easy meals... Presentation becomes more important for bigger fish, you need to get the bait in their face.. The little guys will chase, but the big fish often will not. Hope this helps you out, let us know how you do.

weed edge, plastic worms, spinner baits, crank baits, jigs....etc

Dawn or dusk start shallow. Day time deeper weed edge, or structure close to deeper water.

If you see minnows jumping, bass are a chasing. Good luck.