• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Downscans and Snapshots

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Reddog, wanted to say thanks for the help with the transducer issue last year, works better.

What software you using on the data recording? Is that autochart?

Dude I've had SI for 4 year and have never seen a pod of fish close to that!!!! I need to fish different water...

Hi Reddog, wanted to say thanks for the help with the transducer issue last year, works better.

What software you using on the data recording? Is that autochart?

Dude I've had SI for 4 year and have never seen a pod of fish close to that!!!! I need to fish different water...

Kerry , that is/was Dr Depth software. Anxiously awaiting Auto Chart. I've been logging quite a bit of data this spring. Just haven't sprung for the software yet.

can you interpret the walleye at 10mph as I dont understand what I am seeing ?

Thanks

Cheers. This was a pod of walleyes that I had been fishing for a couple hours. When I got tired of fishing them, I took the opportunity to see how fast I could go by them and still see them with Side Imaging. At this point in time, I dont remember if I increased my scroll speed or not. You can see them on the right side of the screen, about 15 fish or so way on the right.

I did not want to drive right over the top of them.

Your best images with Side Imaging, comes at between 2 and 4 mph. Anything more or less requires experience to read them consitently.

Amateurfishing, This was a fastwater screencapture from near the dam. You can see the interference/turbulence on the left half of the screen, and then as soon as I got out of the currect/turbulence/fast water, the interference cleared up and the fish stacked up.

Heres a slow motion screencapture of a small pod of walleyes that I took while drifting. This was from my Terrova w SI turned at 90 degrees to the boat.(drifting) Some may say that is a dump image, but considering the circumstances, I think its beautiful.. The large "bars" on the screen are 455 khz crosstalk from my console unit on the crystal that is shooting under the boat.

1197c.PNG

I still struggle with Side Scan. One thing I am really trying to figure out is how to use side scan to see fish on the outside edge of a reed bed. Does anybody have any shots showing and example of this? When I drive by the reeds I have no idea what I am seeing on my sidescan.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Great thread guys! I just got a new H-bird with SI and DI. How do you save screenshots? I am guessing it is saved to an SD card.

I also installed the transducer myself and am a pretty new to the SI/DI any tips on getting the best picture?

Thanks!

Great thread guys! I just got a new H-bird with SI and DI. How do you save screenshots? I am guessing it is saved to an SD card.

I also installed the transducer myself and am a pretty new to the SI/DI any tips on getting the best picture?

Thanks!

Install a SD card in a slot. Menu, menu. Go to the far right menu tab and turn screencapture on.. IN order to capture a screen, you must press mark and it will save the screen view that is up at the time.. It will also leave you a "S001" waypoint every time you save a capture. I typically delete the S00 as I generate them, but to each their own..

Keep tweaking the transducer till youre happy.. Plan on spending some time tweaking, but there is a sweet spot in nearly every hull.. Mine are not mounted "safe".