• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best time to go bass fishing

northwoodsman

i was told long ago to catch bass
is to get up early,others mid-afternoon
or in the evening before the sun goes down
i hear right now their aggressive
and they'll hit on anything. went this afternoon to ballclub river from the bank
nothing

The best time kind of depends on the time of year and the lake. In the summer the bite does tend to be best around low light conditions. Dawn, Dusk, overcast and before a front moves through.

Without sounding too sarcastic, the best time is any time. Each time frame holds different options and different solutions. Everytime out is a great time as long as you can "get away" from the world for a while.

------------------
God bless,
Judd Yaeger
Yaeger Guides (Twin Cities Guides) www.yaegerweb.com/guide

As Bill Dance says (as well as Yaeger Guide), the best time to go bass fishing is whenever you can. But if you are in the metro, mornings are best to get away from the crowds.
Up north, I also think mornings are better, probably bacause my biggest largie came in the early am. But I've also caught 5# bass (both smallies and largies) in the middle of the day and in all types of weather. You just don't know when you're going to catch the "big fish of the trip", but as far as odds and number of fish go, I think morning is better. -Coach Dog

I agree that depending on the day and weather conditions, anytime could be good.

But, if I was going to pick the best time period during the day to target bass, I'd pick dawn up until sunrise as the hottest bass fishing time period typically.

I agree that early morning hours are usually the best times for me to catch bass. However if it's a calm day when the lake looks like glass I've found that they will bite all day. Mid day move to deeper water and at night they can really turn on in the shallows again.

For Streams and small river smallmouth fishin'
I have enjoyed my best luck late morning until early afternoon with "blue bird" skies!

As Fall approaches later in the day!

Keep the rods bendin'!!

Jim W