• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eating outside

The other night my wife and I were figuring out dinner and we had a hankering for a Summer meal. We decided I'd grind up some sirloin and make burgers with fresh tomatoes, sweet onions and home made fries. When we sat down at the dinner table we momentarily discussed eating out on the deck. It looked nice and sunny but it was a little cool. We decided to wait a few days, now we have 8 inches of snow on the deck.

Even though it's more of a hassle we eat outside pretty often. Makes things taste better for some reason?

luv eating on the deck..hate the wasps..i inspect everywhere and spray but they still hang around..seem to love the southern exposure..wish i could find where they are nesting..i have found the usual spots...do they just get attracted to the heat generating off the house? i sit and watch them but cant find where they are coming from...just bounce off the house and move on...

we have problems with them late Summer into Fall. If you put some mountain dew out with a few drops of dish detergent in it they will land on the soda and drown. You end up with a disgusting glob of Wasps and Mt Dew but at least they are dead and not trying to eat your ketchup off of your plate.

I cook outside regardless of the weather, but much more enjoyable when it's above 40deg. If it can be cooked on an stove or in an oven, it can be cooked on a grill. It just may take a little more effort.

On a side note - Eyeguy - just curious if they sell men's sunglasses where you bought yours?

We love eating outside and eat out pretty much every night on the patio so long as it isn't windy or isn't much below 70. I cook outside all year. The grills stay outside all year. And I'm really digging my egg style cooker these past few years for using the lump charcoal when its freakin cold out. I made myself a fancy grill table two years ago. I took a $40 6 foot long work bench from Menards and stained it and it works wonders to put everything on.

On a side note - Eyeguy - just curious if they sell men's sunglasses where you bought yours?

welcome to the site GD ! They are hunter orange so they are bi sunglasses. wink Now go poke an egg or 6, boil them and report.