• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what are the bass hitting on

northwoodsman

i went to MP&L used three nightcrawlers
took those,switched to crank baits nothing
lost a favorite lure i think it was a northern my line snapped had this one crank bait looks like a crawfish had a nice bass
on it but the bass spit it out made me mad

fished on a lake near Alex. on Mon and Tues. Caught over a 100 bass on a black and blue Lizard rigged texas style. Tried many other baits but seemed like the lizard was the best bait for these bucketmouths.

I mainly fish for Walleye and panfish. I am looking more at getting into bass fishing. What do you mean by Texas rigged. Does that mean you just have some weight on to get it to the bottom faster? Thanks for the reply.

Ice Man,

Texas rig is a slip bullet weight that's tied on before the hook. Some people use glass beads between the weight and hook, so when you jiggle it, it makes some clicking sound.

Personally I like the Florida rig. It's a slip bullet weight that can be screwed into the plastic bait, thus keeping it there instead of sliding on the line.

A Carolina rig is kinda like a lindy rig. The weight is attached and you have a leader then the bait. Floating worm on a Carolina rig is a nice presentation.

All these rigs have a time and place, but don't be afraid to experiement.