• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Game of Thrones

mrklean

With only 1 episode left I will say I have a feeling I am a bit let down by this season, way to many stories going on and not much resolution to them. All of last night was about the wall...why? Is winter still coming?

I thought I was the only one a little disappointed with the season. Didn't seem to have the edge it usually does. I don't like that they spent this last entire episode on the wall.

Are you sure y'all are watching the current season of game of thrones?

(I hid the spoilers)

The battle at the wall was awesome, exciting, Sam was awesome, and got to kiss da girl! Jon snow still knows nothing but he can sure hammer it out in a battle! Was it as crazy as the battle of blackwater episode, probably not, but still... pretty exciting.

As far as are the dragons still comin... Dany is hangin out in Meereen, I'm sure she'll send her dragons out when they're ready and grown up. They're still teenagers doncha know.

A lot of story lines to touch on in the finale, I'm sure some will be left open til the end. Anyone notice for instance what was in the background when Ramsey Snow became Ramsey Bolton? Bran storyline hasn't been touched on in a few weeks... and we haven't seen Rickon or Osha since last season... Arya was just outed in the vale, Sansa and Little Finger have yet to see her and the hound... and what about oathkeeper?

There's a dead prince of dorne in Kings Landing, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna just 'let that one go.' I wonder if that old connection between the Targaryens and the Martells will have anything to do with future storylines. What's going to happen to Tyrion? The obvious, or is something crazy gonna happen like Jaime doing something to save him?

This season was a lot of plot, but wow was it good.

I expect to be left with my mouth agape at the end of this season, cursing the TV as I have to wait another 8 months for new GOT!

Oh well. The ladyfriend needs to watch the show, so we're going to be watching s1 here as soon as s4 is done. Been a while since I've seen the first 2 seasons.

Oh yea are the dragons ever going to make it to Kings Landing??

The latest book still has them outside of Westeros, but it's obvious that they will be one of the huge, major plot points when everything hits the fan and all these storylines finally collide. In the meantime, they get into some stuff, I'm surprised they didn't touch on the dragons this season except for one 5 minute scene.

Agreed. As has been stated, the wall attack episode had some cool parts, but not a whole episode's worth. Last night's finale seemed rushed, as they had to address a lot of points without much time assigned to each one. The better option would have been to take all of the wall stuff from last week and add Jon and Mance's treaty, Stannis' arrival, and Bran's story. Then, put all the rest in the finale. It seemed like there wasn't much importance to the topics covered, and some big time things happened. Arya is done with Westeros. Brienne almost got one of the Starks. Bran finally reached what he has been looking for for TWO SEASONS. Tyrion has a sit down with the old man. Danaerys locking up 2 dragons and what's going on with the the third. Stannis saves Jon Snow's butt.

Things we didn't need covered: the Mountain and his poisoned wounds, Jaime and Cersei, the Hound fighting Brienne (was cool to see, though), Podrick losing the horses.

Things I wanted to see that were not covered: Brienne's other travels both returning Jaime and looking for the Starks. She covered a lot of ground with some interesting book topics that were ignored.

Maybe I missed something. Why did Arya and the Hound leave the Vail just because her Aunt was dead? They didn't ask about who was in charge or go inside for the night? They just turned around and left?

I had downloaded all of the audio books and this season was by far the most boring and least interesting, but it sounds like the TV show doesn't follow the book this season so that's good. I thought it was a good first episode, cant wait to see how it ends.

Welp, they have officially gone past GRR Martin's source material for a couple of the plotlines and character of the show , and there are 2 big episodes left this season.  Honestly, I was blown away for the first time in a long while during last night's large battle.  The overall concept was there from the books, but not the battle, and I thought it added a much needed urgency to Jon's plight at the wall.  Also, Valarian steel has one more benefit!  The rest of the episode was good too, (Tyrion and Dany get some fact time!), but I really enjoyed the deviations and welcome trimming from the books this season.  I know it has been asked, but how can GRRM possibly keep up with HBO's timetable?

I know it has been asked, but how can GRRM possibly keep up with HBO's timetable?

I stumbled onto this thread five months too late, but what I have heard is that GRRM has given HBO his general notes on how to wrap the series up and they are taking their own direction based on his overall plot points. At the rate he is writing books...or not writing them, as it were, he may not live long enough to finish his own series! I hope he can complete his vision without rushing anything. He has a brilliant mind. Sick, but brilliant :)

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:38 AM, mrklean said:

Aren't they up to the point now where they have reached the final book that has been published? 

Past that point already, as I understand it. Even parts of last season were just source material as told to HBO by GRRM himself. He gave them the thread to run with and they have the rest of the story mapped out. Sounds like this season starting Sunday (10 episodes) and two shorter seasons after that which will split up 13 other episodes (in other words, there are 23 more left to be aired) and that's all she wrote! Errr...all he wrote. Well, didn't write. You know what I mean :)

I will be sad to see it go as there is nothing else like it on TV. Like watching an awesome feature length film each week!

Edited by pikestabber

10 minutes ago, mrklean said:

Its taken GRRM what 5+ years for him to come out with the next book which still isn't done, wonder how it will all end????

I think that's the fun of this show... Trying to watch the race to end with all of the various characters. Will nobility win out (Jon Snow, Bran)? Or maybe the biggest, baddest army (Daenerys)? Or wit and cunning (Tyrion, Littlefinger), or will it just be downright evil/steadfast resolve and no sense of moral compass holding them back (Cersei, Red Woman). There are lots of people vying for the throne, some deserving, some not as much, and pretty much all of the "good guys" really aren't even good people. Even Daenerys, as fun as she is to root for (and look at) isn't a truly "good" person. She seeks to be just, certainly, but she can be downright ruthless at times, too. It's just a gritty and raw type of atmosphere they create and the cliff hangers are amazing. I guess in a way I'm glad the series will be done before the books are written as I probably wouldn't read them in time (or at all) and I would hate for a spoiler to leak out...

My money is on Daenerys claiming the throne, Tyrion ruling Casterly Rock, and Sansa and Bran reclaiming the North. But that sounds too happy for this show, so they will probably all be killed in the first episode this week and Cersei will take the crown in the end. :) 

Can't wait for the new season!