• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Hey guys,

Usually I'm taking a trip to the Rainy River in MN to fish the pre-spawn, but its all iced up this year. Looking for an alternative, and someone suggesting heading out to SD for fishing on the Missouri. We are probably going to do it, but looking for suggestions on location and tactics. We are experienced walleye guys from MN, but not cocky enough to think we know it all for the river fishing. Thinking about going out of Chamberlain area. I'm hearing mixed reports, and that the bite can fluctuate a lot depending on whether the dam is open. We would fish this coming Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Any reports would be helpful. We just want to know what me might reasonably expect to encounter out there. Nobody has a crystal ball, but trying to judge whether it is worth the money and drive, or whether we should hold off for later in the season. Hopefully this weather blows through and things stabilize. Thanks in advance for any info.

I was out there this weekend. Bite was good, not great for us. Water temp was 36-38 so probably a bit early yet. We did not really find the fish in the obvious pre-spawn areas.The fish we found were relating to the mud lines much like they do in summer.

There will be lines at the landings but not like on the rainy.

As far as being worth the drive? I can't answer that for you. Don't expect to be catching trophy fish like on the rainy. Good numbers of eaters can be had, and remember the 15 inch minimum, that seems to get forgotten by some.

Had a friend out there this weekend fishing right around the town of Chamberlain. They caught a lot of fish but said the vast majority were 14.5-14.75" fish.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• get lottsa oil sunflowers out. they will come.  Just has a fox sparrow fly in.  White thoats and song sparrows should be close behind. 
    • Scare some 50 miles north Eyeguy. 
    • Couple of questions/comments... Check the draw on your AC. I assume that 15amp @ 14 awg will be good enough, but would be good to confirm. Make sure to look at the draw at start up. Have you gotten the 12 ga THNN wire yet? Seems like a lot of the companies tend to oversell the gauge of the wire. It looks like you have overkilled the gauge requirement for most of your DC circuits (i.e. lights) which is good, but if you feel it is lightweight, you might want to step up your furnace and DC outlets again Hard to tell from the schematic, but you are running both ground and positive back to the source correct? I wouldn't start tying ground circuits together. Every connector that you put in a wall is a potential fail. Obviously it is unavoidable for items on the same circuit, but the schematic looks like you are tying grounds across circuits. Just a follow on to the previous comment.... Are you spray foaming or doing batts/foam board? We did spray foam "from the outside in" against the tongue and grove before we sided it. For that reason, we cut PVC and used it as a junction boxed and then taped the ends of the PVC before foaming. All connections occur in these boxes... that way we can get to them "if" some butt connector causes a problem or we need change out something (had a few hold lights fail, and this work awesome to replace) Are you putting your hole lights on a switch? Didn't see one in the drawing Are you using pancake style ceiling lights? I was wondering if you had the capability to turn them off individually if desired. Another comment on the same topic. We put in a 3-way for the ceiling lights so that we have one switch by the entry door and one by the back bunk.... Is definitely nice when the rattle reels go off at 2 am! These are just somethings that we did... along with some things that we should have did - but it looks like you have put a lot of thought into this. It is definitely easier to do things the right way first!
    • Usually first part of may they get here. Tons of finches here yet. And juncos and the regular wood peckers. Hopefully see some cool new ones soon. 
    • Any word on Orioles heading north yet? I'm still a sterile bird void at my feeders. 
    • I'm washing every wall and ceiling in the house .... and it's kickin my butt. Pass the Advil.  
    • Well, something is broken. These links should have worked. It's been strangly inconsistant this way all along. The 2nd and 3rd are from the Ben Harper video already posted so ... yea its broken. Too bad.   https://youtu.be/Wck03Y72340   https://youtu.be/4B-VMr2-228 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B-VMr2-228  
    • Interesting, I found some info online about it.   I went to Rosemount HS.  
    • waytekwire.com has great wire plus other supplies, and is local. Puts regular store wire to shame.
    • Was curious is all,  billy goat was the bridge on parkway. 
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.