• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi, I just got back from visiting my daughter in Fargo. We made a quick trip to Bismark (via I94). I noticed quite a few slews along the freeway and one had a couple of fisherman on it. I pulled up my lakesmap app to see if it had a name (it did not). How does a person determine if the lake/pond/slew is public? and also if there are fish in it?

Being from Minnesota, we don't have much in the way of slew/pond fishing like that.

Thanks

You could try and get a hold of the DNR but most of the time it's justing getting out there with an auger and a jig and giving it a try. But, watch out for hitting the bottom. Done-that! frown

Thanks, that's what i'm looking for.

I imagine these slews experienced some winter kill similar to our lakes here in Minnesota -- are there access issues on these ponds that have roads running next to them (or in some cases into them). Here in Minnesota if the high water mark of a pond/lake runs to within the road easement then you can legally get on the water. Wondering if the same applies there as well.

Is the fishing generally better first ice or last ice for perch?

Thanks for the info - much appreciated

Lots of great slough fishing across North Dakota right now along I-94, from Valley City to just east of Bismarck. It can be fast and furious fishing! Here is a look from last weekend:

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Not all fishable waters have been stocked by the G&F.

If it is surrounded by private land the pond maybe private unless access has been secured by public easement.

ND Code uses the term "Public Waters" to designate lakes and ponds with open access to the general public.

Remember it is illegal to bring aquatic bait (minnows and leaches) into ND.