• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

twins total wins

Stcloudangler

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's early yet, but I'd put $1 on under, and $0 on over. My guess is Vegas is very close to correct so there is too much risk to wager more than that.

69 - 93

You must not be aware that we not only upgraded the starting pitching, but also were able to outbid the Yankees, dodgers and all those other teams that were hot after our coaching staff and retained them all! I think this team is a lock for at least 71 wins.

You must not be aware that we not only upgraded the starting pitching, but also were able to outbid the Yankees, dodgers and all those other teams that were hot after our coaching staff and retained them all! I think this team is a lock for at least 71 wins.

After that sales pitch I would have thought your prediction would have been 91-71. Not a 44% win ratio versus my guessed 43% win ratio.

At least I admitted that I agreed with Vegas. You give us a sales pitch about how much better they will be then pick a half a game over the Vegas number.

Really going out on a limb there. laugh

Or was there sarcasm in that sales pitch that I missed.

Going to be a rough season they will not score too many runs with the lineup they have.

Maybe lose around 95 loss season. I hope for 500 but that will not happen I do not think. Hope they prove me wrong.

You can tell what the fans think. They're still trying to sell out the opener, a game that has historically been a hard ticket to get.

This is the last year for our season tickets if they don't DRASTICALLY improve.

I'll be optimistic and say they go 76-86. Mauer's move to 1B will allow him to stay healthy and produce better. Better pitching through free agency (he said, optimistically). Continued improvement by Dozier et al.

.500 would be a remarkable success. Anything under 90 losses will be a good year. They just need to keep developing players and adding talent for when the kids are ready in a couple of years (and pray that Sano recovers fully).

I've got a multi-year double-or-nothing bet with my cousin that the twins will lose 85 or more games. I've won the last few years, so the dollar amount is getting up there. Alas, she makes less money than I do, so the chances of me ever cashing in are nil....but they're probably about as good as her chances. smile

I gave up my season tickets this year.

If not for the All-Star game at Target Field, we would have done the same. We will not renew next year unless we see a vast improvement.

If not for the All-Star game at Target Field, we would have done the same. We will not renew next year unless we see a vast improvement.

I had a chance at some great tickets through work but decided to put that money into a new outboard. Initially I wanted to go to the HR derby and the AS game but the opportunity costs of spending $2k on two tickets outweighted the two days at a crowded park. It was more appealing to apply that money to upgrade to a 150hp that I can use for years to come versus two days at a baseball park.

I had a chance at some great tickets through work but decided to put that money into a new outboard. Initially I wanted to go to the HR derby and the AS game but the opportunity costs of spending $2k on two tickets outweighted the two days at a crowded park. It was more appealing to apply that money to upgrade to a 150hp that I can use for years to come versus two days at a baseball park.

Wise investment

73-89 so the twins PR can blast us with the improvement over previous seasons

Yikes, one loss and the tiny shred of optimism some had is snapped already... I'm not saying we'll be uber-competitive this year, but we should be better. I'm not a Nolasco fan, and that extends beyond yesterday's poor showing. He's way too up and down. Either feast or famine, and we don't have the offense to support that long term. That said, we didn't go against some schlub yesterday. Sale is a blooming superstar. We got a few knocks on him and I expect a better game come Wednesday.

No confidence at all in this team. They will be worse than the past 3 years. I am taking the under on whatever vegas puts out. I give it two more season before we contend for what all Minnesotans strive for: a division championship season, but nothing more!