• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State wrestling tourney

Anyone going to watch??

I saw that Apple Valley has an individual in every single bracket for the individual competition. Talk about buying a championship.

Their wrestler at 170 should become four time champ. He is only a sophomore and has only lost 4 times ever. I hope one of these years someone can beat these guys.

In the smaller class, Sibley East is sending I believe 7 weigh class wrestlers. Nathan Rose, a champ the past 2 years is going for his 3rd straight state title. If I remember correctly, the last 2 years he has not lost 1 match.

This season he does have 1 loss, that was too a wrestler in a class above him.

Nathan is the son of a friend of mine and I believe he may be going to the U of Mn next year.

They also made the team, ended up 6th and Nathan won all 3 of his matches.

Nathan's high school record is more than impressive to say the least.

I believe his high school record is like 179 wins, 22 losses.

Here is a bit more on Nate

2013 NHSCA Nationals Folk 11th 195 DNP

2013 MN HS State Tournament 1A 11th 195 1st 45-0

2012 Redwood River Riot 1A 11th 220 1st

2012 MN/USA Wrestling State FS Junior 220 1st

2012 NHSCA Nationals Folk 10th 195 1st

2012 MN HS State Tournament 1A 10th 195 1st 45-0

2011 MN/USA Wrestling State FS Cadet 189 1st

2011 NHSCA Nationals Folk 9th 189 1st

2011 MN HS State Tournament 1A 9th 189 DNP 41-3

Harvey,

Your guy won 11-3 in the finals.

http://tstuff.com/2014/s14w12.htm

Is he the son of a big farmer/ tractor puller??

I think two most dominate wrestlers in the state are

Mark Hall (170lb) Apple Valley. He just won his fourth title, and has two years left to go. I think he has only lost 3 times in his career.

Sam Stoll (285lb) Kasson Mantorville. He is a senior has a couple undefeated seasons in a row, including 60 straight pins. That is a true stud.

Hope those two make it to the Gophers.

Harvey,

I worked with Nathans dad for many years. Great guy. Not a farmer though. Our area has some very dedicated families in wrestling with numerous state champs over the years.

LSH had 1 kid that I know of that won state this year.

Harvey,

I think two most dominate wrestlers in the state are

Mark Hall (170lb) Apple Valley. He just won his fourth title, and has two years left to go. I think he has only lost 3 times in his career.

Sam Stoll (285lb) Kasson Mantorville. He is a senior has a couple undefeated seasons in a row, including 60 straight pins. That is a true stud.

Hope those two make it to the Gophers.

The Rose that does the tractor pulling is Randy or Ricky Rose over by Glencoe. I believe it is Ricky that is tractor pulling.

I believe Nathan was 44-0 2 years ago, 45-0 last year and I believe 44-1 this year.

That's 133-1 for the past 3 seasons with 3 state titles. Should be a good one for the U of Mn.

I try to make it down for at least a day every year. My son and I both wrestled in this tournament and I can assure you it's something you never forget. Did not make it down this year due to a close relatives health situation, but hopefully I'll be back down again next year.

One of the coolest parts of going down now is running into old friends and foes and reminiscing about old rivalries etc. Seems every time I'm down there I run into someone I haven't seen in a decade or more.