• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soft Plastics

Chev_trucks501

Hey All,

Was wondering if anyone stores their Soft Plastics in Stowaway tackle boxes out of the bag? Looking for a better way of organizing my plastics. Right now I'm doing the dig through the bag for the one I want. grin.gif I am skeptical of moving to hard boxxes for fear of wrecking my plastics. The main plasics I use are Powerbait, Culprit, Zoom, Yamamoto and Strike King... Any info would be helpful.

Thanks Chev

Thinking of Investing in a GIANT heater to melt the ice!

So many ways of storing plastics, it really is up to the person on how to organize.
Myself I just keep expermenting.
My latest way is probably my most organized.
I went out and bought some big 2-quart plastic bags and seperated all my plastics into certain types. ex.(tubes,lizards,drop-shot worms,4 inch worms, 7 inch worms, etc.)Wrote on each bag, put all the little bags in the 2-quart bag keeping them by technique together.
That way whatever I am using I only need 1 bag on the deck at a time.
This might not work for you , but it seems to work for me.
My feelings on opening all your bags and putting them in a Plano box to me is a really bad idea. Worms could dry-out, or get stuck together.
This is what the off-season is for, reorganizing and taking inventory to see what a person can use and what a person needs to do.

Another good way to organize a lot of plastics is to buy a few of those rectangular Rubbermaid containers. I'm not sure exactly what size they are, approximately 8x12x4. The covers seal watertight and with the clear plastic, you can easily identify what is in them. I keep all of my plastics in the origional bag (most nowdays are resealable) and then keep all tubes in one rubbermaid, worms in another, etc. I can keep about 4 or so rubbermaids in one of the rear storage compartments in my Triton, so everything is in one place and easy to find. Plus, if I am using a lot of one type of plastic, I can keep that rubbermaid out on the floor of my boat and not worry about it blowing out.

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com

I have done everything that was said on this topic and they all work decent. The best way i found to work is to buy some small soft sided coolers (8"x10"x4"dp) this way you can seperate your baits like tubes, craws, jig worms, etc.. you can write on the cooler so you know whats in thier its heavy so it won't blow out. You can store alot of baits in thier i have some that have 20-30 packages in thier. I always use the original package. And the best thing about this it protects you plastics from the heat!!

I store a lot of my soft plastics in the storage boxes from Plano. A couple of the newer plastics on the market say not to store with PVC, so I do not put those in the boxes. I am not sure who makes them but i have a zip-up pouch thingy that holds most of my soft plastics in it, it attaches nicely to the front of my tackle bag with two rings that are attached to it.

------------------
"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Chev_Trucks501,
I have recently moved my soft plastics to the binders that I bought through Bass Pro Shops (3 for $10). I set them up so each binder contains different things, like worms in one, lizards in another etc. Then, when I want to go out, I select the bags (Each bag is like a page in a notebook) that I want to take along and put them into one binder. It seems to work ok so far.
Good Luck.

Adam, I think the rubbermaid boxes are shoe boxes. I use them to keep my extra plastics in the boat garage. My main plastics are in the standard hard plastic boxes with moisture seals. Guys, remember if you use the new 3x cyber flex by Strike King, don't mix them with our other plastics or you will have a mess. Don't store them in a plastics box you had regular plastics in or you get another mess. But, I did use 3x last year and had great success with them.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com