• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

White Bass in the winter

FI Guide

The only lake I've ever caught White Bass is Wappogasset in Amery WI. I caught what could be considered a "trophy" out of there; 18" long and 3lbs-- a mere half pound or so off the state record! At the time I didn't know that it was that rare for a Whitebass to get that size.. so I just regarded it as a "nice" fish. I caught a few between 14 and 16 inches as well, and from guys I talked to who fish them on the Mississippi and St Croix they rarely get that big; I thought they did. I never fished that lake on ice however...

If you want to catch a lot of whites along with a few nice bonus stripers, go south. I just got back from Three Oaks Resort on Lake Norfork in northern Arkansas. Because of bad weather (better than here, but bad for there) I only got to fish for one full day. My boat must have caught about 100 whites ranging from 1 to 3+ pounds and 4 stripers from 9 to 11 pounds. Vertically jigging 3/8 oz jigging spoons and Nils Master Jigging Shads worked the best fishing over 53 feet of water. Tons of fun, if anyone gets the chance to try this, go for it! If anyone wants info on the hows, whats, wheres, just shoot me an e-mail or post here and I'll be glad to help.

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com