• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

They wouldn't allow vehicles on the ice during the fisherama this year (jan 30th i think it was). 3 trucks fell through because of terrible ice conditions. not sure if a four wheeler would be able to make it through, the snow is pretty deep. A snomobile would work though.

I am sure people are being tight lipped. Fishing has been good for us catching numerous fish of all species. Biggest so far has been a 22" fat eye. We have had some nice Hook ups with Beas smallies as well. Practice catch n release! Don't see it done enough on these waters'. Btw- happy they modified the walleye regs to better protect and help this lake!

Yes! The new regs are a good thing. the Lake Association has been trying to improve the walleye fishing. Stocking and fish sticks along the shoreline for the past few years. I havent been able to get up there yet this year but hope to soon.

Any fishing reports for LN?

We were up for labor day. Caught two walleyes .....on both side of the point by the boys camp. Water was very high. With the rain chiming this week, I have to imagine it will remain high.

LN is a real treat for smb's. I catch them in the morning off the dock with crawlers on an ultralight with crawlers and a bobber. I get broken off occasionally, but it is a gas.

I'm going up the last week in June. Looking forward to sunrise fishing....pitching plastics in shallow for smb's by the lighthouse.

Anyone have any thoughts about crappie spots? I have a few pilings and a crib marked on my gps by the boys camp. These occasionally hold crappies, but not consistent producers. Feel free to pm me.

Lake has taken a real Beating some of the last few winters. There's still fish, but for us, numbers and quality has taken a toll. A few years ago they were very easy to target and people did what people do...... Hope they come back that strong with the next good class. I wouldn't min if they put a limit on craps n gills out there too! Good luck

So far all we have noticed is nothing but thin thin skim ice along shallow bays with no wind. With that being said we should be good I go for fresh solid ice. Hopefully we don't get no lore dumps until we have a nice solid foundation of ice!! I would love NO SNOW, but I don't mind a little bit to cover the surface. Here's I hoping for a nice ice season!!!

Whoa! Slow down there a bit. As cold as it's been, there still isn't and won't likely be any safe ice until December. There's been too much wind for ice to form, and we're expecting highs in the mid to upper thirties by Sunday. If you absolutely must get out, I suggest looking at the smaller, less than 150 acre, lakes. No fish is worth risking your life, or, perhaps more importantly, the lives of would be rescuers.

Agree, be patient, well get there. If you remember last year a number of accidents related to ice happend on LN, it is a lake with a mind of her own and one who does not know it well should centainly take all precautions. I will wait until at least after Turkey day before I test the water comfortable enough for a fish outing. Like PP said if you must, try a smaller shallower lake south by spooner/hayward/minong. But safety should still be highly thought about all the time!!! Good luck..

Apparently no one is fishing it. Usually the guys who frequent this board are fairly open. I usually fish Minnesuing (about 10 miles southwest of Neb.) but haven't recently in the winter. Nebagamon is a better lake anyways. Do you have a sled/4wheeler/car or are you on foot? If you have a smartphone and are willing to spend $10.00 the Navionics app is really good. If you go down the Dairy Queen road off Highway B you come out on the public beach. Using that as a reference point go to your left and the bank seems to drop off quicker than to the right. You could head ESE a bit across the lake and it looks like a nice point to try. Heading south the lake kind of necks down with a nice looking point on the eastern side. Otherwise, look for the "ice villages". They're usually on fish. Nebagamon has multiple species: Walleyes, northerns, crappies, sunfish, bass, perch. There isn't a bait store in town but if you're going through Superior, stop at the Bait Box and they might have some solid information. If you're coming up 53 from Eau Claire, try stopping at the Mercantile in Solon Springs. They have bait and might have recent news. Good luck.