• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
dan z

chevy 350 transmission?

I recently bought a '95 Tahoe and yes it has over 200000 miles so it was just a matter of time for the tranny to go. I got the truck for a great price and I really like it. Is it better to throw a scrap yard tranny in it and hope for the best or buy a new refurbished one for a few bucks more. I believe its the 4L60e tranny.

I did a bit of quick searching the local scrap yards around my place. A tranny for that puppy runs anywhere from 4 - 6 hundo, with 30 day warranty, depending on miles on the trans.

Re-mans run anywhere from 12 - 22 hundo, depending on where you get it.

If you're anything like me you'll be tossing the 600 dollar tranny in it and driving until the doors fall off. Weld em back on and keep on driving. Add in another hundo for filters and fluid which you'll be paying weather you put in a re-man or scrap yard trans.

Granted, I have no idea how much you paid for the vehicle, how many miles you plan on putting on it, or how hard you work it.

do it yourself or pay for labor makes some difference. You can buy 2 or 3 scrap trannies for the price of rebuilt if you do it yourself. If paying for labor, not so much.