• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Olympic Hockey

Bear55

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That slash to even it up in OT was about the worst call I've ever seen. That ref has no business calling that there. Seriously, that happens 50 times a game. It happened 50 times that game. She calls it in OT when CAN is on the PK. Wow. She shouldn't be reffing mites let alone Olympic medal games.

In the end we lost, I have no issue with losing in a game well played and called by the ref's. They did a fine job in the first 3 periods and then that went out the window.

Very sad to have a game of this caliber end this way no matter who the victor is.

All we can do now for the women's team is wait for 4 more years and hop maybe the mens team can win.

And here I thought it was only MN sports teams that didnt have the killer mindset and keep the pedal down until the opponent is beaten into submission!

Do NOT ever rest on a 2 goal lead in hockey. Continue your play with what got you to 2-0, do NOT go into a prevent style of play.

If the USA lost playing a close hard fought game no big deal. But they really had this one in the bag, but changed how they played and got burned.

I agree as I stated in a earlier post, they went to a total defensive game and not what got them to the lead. Anytime a team does this, they typically get into trouble.

Who know's how it would have ended if they did play the way they had.

Who know's how it would have ended without the cheap penalty in OT.

I agree as I stated in a earlier post, they went to a total defensive game and not what got them to the lead. Anytime a team does this, they typically get into trouble.

Who know's how it would have ended if they did play the way they had.

Who know's how it would have ended without the cheap penalty in OT.

I missed the penalty call but it sounded pretty bad. Not going to get too worked up about it because you can't give up 2 goals in the last 3 minutes like that and expect to win. Canada also could have easily gotten a penalty shot before they scored.

Think of it this way, two of the very best hockey teams on the entire planet played a hockey game today, both defenses and goaltenders where at the top of their game. One team overall was slightly better but both were dangerous and could have won. In the end a deflection off a stick in the middle of the game won it all.

No shame in that at all, we gave it our all but it didn't happen today. One bounce could have changed everything, we lost to the better team today, just hope we get to see this again some day. Not sounding good for NHL players in future Olympics.

Hey Bear, who were these 2 greatest teams and what one was "slightly" not as good as the other? I certainly hope you werent referring to team USA cause they got outplayed in every aspect of the game, and that is happening today as well. Play has been very FLAT and unorganized. These other teams play very crisp hockey, we do not. How many times have you counted 4 deep in the oppositions zone? Many for me, all bunched up too. We looked like complete arse, makes you wonder how we got to the bronze game. One word: ugly.

Teemu is one of a kind, I've always liked his style, always puts up points. Top 10 all time. Great career.

Highest scoring team in the Olympic's and the last 2 games, we forgot to score.

I understand losing to a world power in Canada but even though Finland is good, how in the world did they beat the USA, it's called heart and the never die, after Finland scored 2, we gave up.

Really a very sad day for hockey in the USA when we cannot even get the Bronze, very sad.

Was having coffee with bud's this am and one said how could you say that both USA teams would lose in thier games against Cananda, I said heart, you have to play with your heart. Thats how the women to the north of us do it all the time, they want it more.

I also told them that Finland would beat the USA. Finland showed today why they deserved the Bronze.

The best team in the world can lose if the other wants it more. We beat many of these teams in the first rounds with many goals but when it came down to the medal round, other than 1 game, we stunk it up.

The US came up short. Feel bad that US couldn't get a medal, but that is part of sports amd competetion. Do you think the other countries don't have skilled and highly talented players? Canada barely got by their quaterfinal game, but they put 55 shots on net. Even if they would have lost, I would say they played an excellent game. We aren't talking about robots, these guys did the best they could and came up short.

On the Other forum a guy indicated the USA missed Pominville?.....I don't post over there because I do not use Marcum, TUC and Custom Jig and spins.

My response to that thread is, ARE YOU KDDING ME? This team lacked balls and size. The missing ingredients were Bobby Ryan and Kyle Okoposo. In the net and defensively we were as solid any team playing they were worn down by the end of the tourney. Pat Kane sucked. He was worthless. TJ Oshie starred in the shoot out but was invisible during the games. The Canadians pushed our undersized players to the outside at will.

The last thing we needed was another highly skilled undersized finesse player. That is why the Wild will likely not advance very far. They are going to get pushed around just like USA did.