• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T-mobile switch?

meerkat

I've thought about switching from T Mobile to Verizon. Right now I'm paying about $85 a month for 2Gb data or something like that. I looked up Verizon's equivalent plan and it looked like it was ~$120. It this right?

I think I pay 80 a month before tax and fees for 2 gigs and 1000 texts a month with Verizon.

I'm seriously debating switching to Straight Talk which is 45 a month unlimited everything, they use Verizon towers so the service is good. You do have the up front cost of buying the phones but at 45 a month and I believe you get 10 more off if you pay 3 months at a time you will recoup any phone cost quickly.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you Verizon folks...

You might have noticed that they have rolled out some new plans but what you might not know is that they are also now offering a "loyalty plan".

Not everyone qualifies, but if you do. $60/mo per line 2GB data and 1 year contract. That means $120 for the wife and I with 2gigs each.

Pretty good deal and I switched as soon as I learned about it.

Is the loyalty plan published or do you have to ask about it? I couldn't find it on their HSOforum! I have 3 smart phones and one dumb phone, my bill is about $244/month. Unlimited talk/tex, 4 gig data. I have several months left on one of my kids smart phones. The dumb phone is my mother in-laws and they don't leave the cities. I've been with Verizon since the Airtouch days. I'm seriously thinking about changing. Not too worried about service in the cities, but up at the cabin, it can be spotty and internet is slow. The kids are in Fargo and Grand Forks for a year or two more. AT&T has the best service up at the cabin, but not the cheapest route. Straight Talk roams on Verizon, might be able to tolerate the slow speed for the price. I don't think T-mobile sounds like it would be the answer with the lack of service along the drive or data speed. Any of you folks have any ideas?

Cigar guy, in Cook you want ATT. You could get by with tmobile except data doesn't roam like voice. Verizon not so good on west end. Good on east end.

Thanks all, I'm looking at ATT. I get serious and really research different providers until I just get sick of looking and stop. So much conflicting information on what works on what network as far as bringing my own phones, sim cards working or not working on different phones, etc.

Do you folks know if I can bring my Verizon Razr phones and 1 Iphone over to ATT? ATT has 3 smart, 1 dumb phone, 10 gig shared data for 160.00 that looks good. I think you also get 100.00 credit for signing up.

The number one thing anyone needs to do is look at a coverage map! I had ATT and when I got service it was by far the best quality. but….dead zones drove me nuts. I got tired of everyone on verizon having service on LOTW, red lake. canada if needed, etc. I was on red lake once and used my buddys verizon phone to call my wife and have her call ATT and check on service and they told her straight out no service in the area. This is when service is the most important! any company is good in major cities. I friend of mine was going to go with sprint I think and I told him to check the coverage so he did and found out 2 miles out of town he would be roaming. He is a big bike rider and peddles 50 plus miles at a time and reliable service is a big deal for him. and the difference between 3G and 4G is like walking and driving a race car they are not even close!!!

ATT has gotten a lot better in the past year. I had coverage at LOW, but not on URL.

I pay about $240 for 3 smart phones on my contract, 6gb data.

Verizon phones wont work on ATT network, so you cant carry them over.

Thanks....this is the at the point I always seem to get and say screw it. I don't want to buy new phones! I guess I could sell the phones and buy new ones, but I hate the hassle and spending the money. In the old days they use to give you phones and a bag to go with it smile. But, they sure weren't as fancy! In a few years the kids will be on their own and I'll be able to buy more toys!

So I do qualify for the loyalty program from Verizon. And according to the lady I talked to on the phone today who was very very helpful she can get me a 32 gig iPhone 5C for FREE when I make the switch.

So 20 bucks cheaper a month down to 60 a month for unlimited talk text and 2 gigs of data.

I'm pretty anti Mac Apple everything but I'm seriously contemplating getting a free 32 gig iPhone 5C.

Trying to research this pretty quickly I know nothing about the iPhone 5C.

Uggggh lol

people like those iphones, but I don't. I'm anti apple to begin with, but I got one for cheap. At the time I thought it was awesome, but that was my first non dumb phone. I'll never go back after having a android phone.

It's a ford vs chevy thing, but androids give you way more freedom to customize and nerd out tweaks on your phone if that's your thing.

So I do qualify for the loyalty program from Verizon. And according to the lady I talked to on the phone today who was very very helpful she can get me a 32 gig iPhone 5C for FREE when I make the switch.

So 20 bucks cheaper a month down to 60 a month for unlimited talk text and 2 gigs of data.

I'm pretty anti Mac Apple everything but I'm seriously contemplating getting a free 32 gig iPhone 5C.

Trying to research this pretty quickly I know nothing about the iPhone 5C.

Uggggh lol

5C is a repackaging of last year's hot phone, the iphone 5. The new hot phone is the 5S, and in a while the rumored iphone6

60 bucks for talk text 2gb and a free iphone worth 500 bucks is a heck of a deal.

Ok looks like I'm going to rule out the iPhone 5ç. I need a bigger screen and a few other things that bother me turned me off.

Think I'm leaning towards paying a hundred and getting the Samsung s4...

Wish I could find a good deal on s3 but Verizon doesn't even sell the s3 anymore ...

I've been waffling for like 4 years on this now...I may not even have a smartphone presently if someone didnt give me a free droid 3.

Not to change the subject, but ATT has a great deal out right now. 4 lines, unlimited talk and text, with 10gig for $160. I only have 3 lines with ATT, and they redid my bill and it went from $240, to $159 with all taxes. That includes unlimited talk and text, and 10 gig.