• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I recently had a long time friend fly in from D.C. area to go ice fishing. he doesn't get a chance to go much. we get up there friday morning in a sleeper shack and supposed to go out sat. morning on a guide. sat. come and the guide texts and ask if he can move it to sunday some things came up. wasn't to thrilled but said fine whatever. sunday comes the guide texts again saying its too cold. (high of 14 that day with winds 5-15mph) hes gonna pull the plug. last year we hole hopped with him in ) degree weather. so I ask him about shacks with heaters hour later he texts back saying he is sick now. and if we hadn't caught a lot of bluegill out of the sleeper he would of made sure we went out. im sorry but I didn't drive 3 1/2 hours and have my buddy fly in to catch bluegills. I could have down that down the road at a small pond or the IGL. so Im [PoorWordUsage]. I dont think im over reacting. how would you guys go about handling this? anybody else ever dealt with Waubay lake guide service and got the run around?

I suggested he put it over here. It's one thing to question how much should be made of a bad experience. But also consider that many people search for guides on here and may only have enough money to make one trip like this a year, or once in a lifetime.

As a part of this community, we rely on one another to get real unbiased feedback so we can make the best decision with our few vacation days and dollars.

I sent Cory a email a month ago asking about there servicers he offers on his web site. Still have not heard back. I give up on him. Some very poor customer relations Cory. Sounds like another guide service in the area would be a good investment. Just wish I had the time to put in to it. A little competition in the area would help with better customer service. I do realize all the time a person has to spend to learn the lakes and the patterns to provide such a service. It takes years and some people just don't want to give out all the time and knowledge for any price. Cory has made this a business and advertise's. The least you can do Cory is respond back to your future customers with some kind of response good or bad. Mabey Cory gets enough business to make a comfortable living and don't need outsiders money? Or is overwhelmed with to much business. Or is just young learning how to manage a business. Sorry to hear about your bad experiance T-Bone. I hope you got out dispite Cory's blunders and poor business pratices.

Very similar experience here...I had to instigate communication multiple times, and when he did reply / call back, attitude was less then welcoming. I hope being on a Jason Mitchell show a time or two doens't have him believing he's got it made. Jason Mitchell probably does have it made, and he went out of his way to talk to myself, dad and nephew. Gave my nephew a JM cap, and made his summer. I hope Cory's lack of customer service isn't due to hardships...we all have seasons in life...i get that....but, if not, i wish him "good luck".

Last winter a buddy and i were hole hopping on Bitter one day, and we were fishing outside about 50' apart. Here comes Corey pulling a permanent house and he drives right between us without even slowing down. It was not a big deal, but it struck me as kind of a douchy thing to do when there was literally not another person within 1/4 mile of us. And its not like he was following a trail since there was about 2" of snow on the lake.

Like i said, this event alone really didnt change my opinion of him but when you start repeatedly seeing these stories they all add up to him looking like one of "those guys"....

Last year hired him and needless to say all he did was drill our holes for our pop ups and then he sat in his permy with a few of his friends...checked on us twice for a few minutes and thats it...he got into a school of perch and you'd think he would come get us...nope. We didnt catch dump that day. We never moved, granted it was negative 30 windshield, but at least talk to us or invite us in your shack if you are on fish. He was to busy with his buddies. He even got in his suv a few times and left for 20 minutes....no idea where he went bc he never talked to us. We know how to ice fish but when i pay someone try and talk to me or teach me something....[PoorWordUsage] me off he got paid to fish with his buddies....guiding business is a lot of word of mouth and repeat customers....time will catch up if he keeps this up