• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So now that the dust has settled

DTro

Not that everyone has had a fair chance to use some of the new stuff this year what has risen to the top as winners?

I haven't got a chance to use a bunch of things, but only have positive things to say about the Vex FLX28. Very happy with it!

I must say that just by talking to a few people and seeing a few vids. The Clam drill adapter seems to be a winner as well.

What else?

I replaced all but one of my regular flips and popups - with thermals. Went with Eskimo FlipMo 2 Inferno - Eskimo WideOne Inferno - 949I Fatfish Eskimo pop-up - Eskimo QF 3 insulated all work great.

I did keep my Eskimo QF 6, but hope they come out with an insulated one next year.

Also bought a Vexilar 2000 camera - very nice.

My best investment was my new Polaris Indy Voyager 144 sled. It has brought me to places I couldn't get to before. Would have went with the IQ model, but wanted less weight. There is nearly a 175 lb. difference.

Liking my otter thermal cabin. It's a lot heavier than I expected though. Makes for a good workout hand pulling it out.

The jiffy pro 4 lite left something to be desired at first, but after the break in period and tunig the throttle cable I am liking it. A bit slower than my strikemaster but I can make the drive north with out getting sick from gas fumes in my jeep

There are a few new toys in my equipment that worked better than expected.

The first is a bit simple, but it works WAY better than i expected. it is the "dangler". We found them at the ice show, and they were even nice enough to donate a few to our TAKO event. The couple we purchased have gotten alot of use.

Its the best rod holder i have ever used. Its also a great strike indicator for the dead stick. it detects negetive and positive strikes, which is great for the crappies. Folds up super small and is easy to set up. GREAT product.

The next is the new 6061 Black Betty. I tend to bring several set ups, and i only have 1 black betty, so i tend to not want to use my other pre-set set-ups, as they are regular reeled rods. I really like my 13 fishing tear drop, but for black betty has me hooked. I was very sketical of this type of reel before i used it, but it is all that is advetised and more. It does take a bit to get used to, but it fits my fishing style perfect.

Finally, I gotta give props to my 3 year old clam 6 pack BAG. Yes...the bag. the house had some quality issues at first, but has done its job for almost 3 years now....but i love being able to fit the frozen up, ice ladened, stiff from cold weather house into the HUGE bag that comes with the Clam Hubs. It may be a small thing, but while you are freezing in the dark after taking your hub down, im already in my truck harming my hands and driving down the lake. To make a point, my friend and I fit both our hubs in 1 bag, they are that oversized.

I do not have one, but i think the new product with the biggest impact this year has to be the "fish-phone" and "sonar phone" products. the idea is great, but it sounds like they did a pretty darn good job in the product and function. I hear guys dont like the on/off location, but thats about all.

2 flx-28`s really like them.....but my 22 with the tri-beam still picks up a jig better in shallow water. I bought a 32 inch quick tip tucr and a black betty 6061 and it`s growing on me (only used it once so far) Also bought a sonar phone...but its still sitting in the unopened box.

Loving my Clam Legend Thermal this year. Roomy, warm, and love the LED light bar at night. Clam's tungsten jigs have been my top producing lures this year, particularly the Ant Drop. VMC Tingler was a good walleye producer. Tried new plastics this year from Clam and J and S Custom Jigs for the first time and have had success.

I would have to say that I love my flx28. It is night and day better than my old fl8. Also the eskimo z71 10 inch auger was a great improvement too. It is a little heavy but I love the all metal handle and it is a strong auger too

Redlineracer,

I have fished up to 4 in the JM 5000. I only do 4 or 5 holes then. 3 is very comfortable. It is 9.5 feet from corner to other flat side of pentagon.

Thanks! It seems like a sweet house for 3 people, that would fit more in a pinch.

To keep this on topic, I haven't bought much "new" stuff to market this year, but the Jason Mitchell Meat stick I bought this season has become my new favorite rod by far.