• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Deer Classic Steps it up With ScentBlocker!!

Savvy

The MN Deer Classic signs ScentBlocker as new co-sponsor of the MN Deer Classic. Check out the talent who will be at the show!!

Hunting celebrities scheduled to attend

• Scott Shultz, President/CEO/Owner of Robinson Outdoor Products

• Bob Richardson & Larry Woodward, "ScentBlocker's Most Wanted" and "Outdoors in the Heartlands"

• Travis & Leigh Creekbaum, "ScentBlocker's The Chase"

• Pat & Nicole Reeve, "Driven"

• James Brion & Rob Dunham, "Nosler's Magnum TV," "The Zone," and "Moment of Impact

• Keith Warren, "The High Road" and "Deer & Wildlife Stories"

• Bill Miller. “You Call the Shot” Federal Ammunition

• Billy Molls. “Mountain Man” Alaskan Adventures

They can keep Keith Warren. I've only seen one of his shows and that was enough for me. He read a letter from a viewer and instead of addressing what were in my view legitimate questions he spent 5 minutes berating the guy and calling him every name in the book that wouldnt get cut or bleeped by the censors. Jackwagon lvl..BOSS.

Greg My 2 cents on the deer classic is it needs to keep up with the times, deer hunting is changing, it's about QDM: land management, herd management and food plotting. These subjects are what most of the seminars should be about so people can learn and understand it, the celebrities should be teaching it like QDMA's Kip Adams and Growing Deers Dr. Grant Woods for example. Hunting celebs are o.k Nicole is good to look at but thats about it.

Then you have to have tractors instead of trucks, seed companies, food plot impliments and logging equipment booths along with Mn DNR and Fish and Wildlife there to show what either one has to offer the landowner as far as cost share programs for wildlife on your property ect.

The toughest one is to get people to bring in their mounts to display thats probably the #1 reason why people go. Flip side to that is the state deer harvest is lower every year and that means less deer for people to bring which makes seminars like herd management even more valuable to educate deer hunters.

Good points guys and I hear yaw on the QDM!! I only mentioned some of the talent coming and have another nice list to meet your needs for land management etc. Tom Mesnard will be doing Land Management seminars on food plots, and how to properly manage your property. www.tctlm.com Also have Cabelas Jeremy Flinn Wildlife Management Biologist on whitetail hunting and Land Management. They say he is really good and interesting. Lastly Kyle from Habitat Now will be speaking on habitat and how to improve things in MN. I hope that helps guys and trying to please everyone. I also hear you loud and clear on the Deer situation in MN and hope things improve soon. Savy

If you haven't heard him, sit in on Billy Molls's talk. Alaskan hunting guide who films his client's guided hunts. I have heard him a couple of times up here at the Duluth sports show. I was disappointed he isn't going to be up here this year. His talks are a breath of fresh air over your typical "how to shot big bucks" yawner seminars. He has some good videos out also.

Beware though, he is a Packer fan from cheeseland!

really???!!!! you never heard of Pat & Nicole Reeve "driven" they are from MN? i could see not knowing the other people! but not pat & nicole. in a Chris Carter voice... "C'mon on man" smile

I googled Nicole reeve. That was worth my time.

IMO since the NSC has taken over the MN DEER Classic it is getting better, as time goes on the show will prove itself! But really though it takes the people and these comments to really make the show worth the price of addmission. Come down to the show and give support if you really want this show to improve. Send in your comments , let the staff know your thoughts!The NSC has really good communication and they care about what the people want. Just My 2 cents