• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hauling 2 Fish houses in a truck

coombia21

I am looking to see if anybody brings two houses to the lake in the back of a truck and how do they do it. We brought an otter lodge and a jason mitchell clam and just stacked them in there but that was not idea. I already have a trailer and that isn't an option I need to get 2 in the back of a truck. If anybody has ideas or pictures that would be appreciated.

I haul an otter lodge and a an old brand (nordic?) house about the same size. I only do it once a year on a group trip. I just stack them on top of each other. I pull the seats out of the bottom one and everything fits under my topper. Topper is the key here. I suppose you could strap them together if you don't have a topper.

We built a platform that sits on the rails of the truck and covers the entire box. We place two of them sideways and attached a couple eye hooks to tie the houses down and a couple under the cover to tie it to the truck. Frees up the entire bed for gear.

We built a lightweight metal rack that sits in the pickup box rails. Haul 1 popup on the top rack, 1 inside the box. Leaves room for augers & gear in the box.

It does take at least 2 guys to get the top one loaded tho

We built a platform that sits on the rails of the truck and covers the entire box. We place two of them sideways and attached a couple eye hooks to tie the houses down and a couple under the cover to tie it to the truck. Frees up the entire bed for gear.

I saw a rig like this up in Baudette this year, It looked like the clear deal!

I have a 94 explorer (SUV before they were called that), and I conveted it so it has the dimensions of a short bed with the back seats folded down. I don't have full size flip overs, but I used to bring 2 otter sleds fishing. I would flip them on their side and put them on one side, and put gear in the other. The other thing you can do is fill the top one with all the gear, maybe some in the cab, and stacking them is just fine. One thing I have saw is facing them side ways, and only have the back end in the bed, the front is leaning on the side. You can fit 3 that way, and gear underneath. With a topper, put on on top of the topper with straps.

I've done 4 flip overs in a Chevy 6.5' box and it was just fine. Do 3 quite often. It helps they are all pros or scouts. 2 can fit in with the tonneau cover down and with 4 you just have to stack 2 and 2. It works just fine, just put the covers on and throw a rope over them.

I have seen a few set ups like this, the ones that I have see are usually also pulling a 8 x 10 trailer with a couple of snowmobiles.

In my truck we built a platform that sits on top of the wheel wells. We ran 4 2x6 across the bed to sit in the slots of the bed and covered them with 2 sheets of plywood. We fitted the plywood to the sides of the box. The space under is where we put augers, cooler, sonars and everything else and with a locking tail gate it out of sight and away from sticky fingers.