• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nose Turning Pink

dhpfish

I have a one year old liver/white springer spaniel and recently his nose has started to turn pink. About half of his nose is the normal light brown and the other half is pink. It doesn't seem to be bothering him and other than the color it looks normal. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know how to post a picture otherwise I would.

Thanks,

David

my yellow lab has had this happen, but the whole nose turns from black to pinkish. My dog was only affected in the Winter, some say it's a vitamin deficiency because they aren't outside as much in the Winter, it also could just be seasonal for other reasons. The other thing it could be is vitilago or however it's spelled. Either way it's a pigment issue but in most cases it doesn't affect the dogs health it just looks odd.

One day when you aren't paying attention it will most likely be back to "normal"

Cool! I noticed a lighter colored patch on the nose of one our Border Collies about a month ago. Their noses are brown. Thought she might've been frost bit but it wasn't sore. They're spending more time outside now and it's decreasing on the one that was affected.