• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake Fishing Report

A couple buddies and I are heading out to Devils Lake this coming weekend and I was wondering if anyone had any good reports for Perch and Walleye? I have never fished Devils Lake before so was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Just wanted to give an update on my fishing at Devils lake this past weekend. It was a pretty cold weekend but the fish were biting! Our first day fishing we did more scouting and moved around on Black Tiger quite a bit but still caught a decent amount of perch and a couple eyes. Saturday was hot and ended up getting our four person limit in perch and also in walleyes. Saturday evening the walleyes were very aggressive and we caught around 30 eyes in about 2 hours so it was an awesome time. Had a great weekend fishing Devils lake for the first time and plan on going back in two weeks!

Travel is a little tougher in some areas of the lake now, but you can still get around ok with a truck just pay attention to the bigger drifts.

The fishing Saturday was pretty terrible. The fish were there, but very negative. We got a few eyes in the morning and then went out looking for perch. We found perch, but most fish that came in were extremely negative. They wouldn't separate more than a couple inches from the bottom. A few came in and would smack spoons with either minnow heads or spikes. We also got a few on small tungsten jigs with spikes and a few with small jigs and the smallest minnows we could find.

It didn't seem to matter where we went. I had a friend fishing the towers area and 6 mile. We tried Black Tiger, East Devils, and Stump.

3 of us just got back from a 4 day trip to Devils and had a blast. We caught well over 100 perch in the time we were there. Best depth was 40-45 fow for us. Fished the same spot all 4 days and the fish were there every day. Had to do a lot of hole hopping, but once you found the active ones they were very easy to catch as they would meet your bait 3 to 4 feet off the bottom when dropping it. Hali's worked best for us by far, but we also caught fish on buckshots, tingler spoons, and slender spoons.