• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

School Section

berfish

Wondering if anyone has ever fished school section in a boat. My buddy and I put in there one day because the DNR HSOforum said access was available of the county road that runs adjacent to the lake, due to high water. So we carried a jon boat in and some residents called the sheriff on us for trespassing. But the sheriff didnt give us a ticket for trespassing just for parking on the side of the road when we loaded up. We were stopped on the side of the road for about a minute! Just wondering why the residents get so mad and how can this lake be fished by boat?
bf

There were signs but he personally didn't see us park until he pulled us over. We were going to fight but it was going to be a headache because I go to college in bemidji. People on the lake think it is a private lake. I wish there was something we could do to allow a small public access. It is by no means a small lake, and the county owns the property where the road is. There are some big bass in there too.
bf

Actually, there are signs, beerfish. They are at the spot where you first go across the "bridge" between the two lakes. Not large, and not many, but they are there.

I've fished it several times by boat. I also know that the "ramp" there is private. If you walk in at the ramp, you are tresspassing. A friend of mine fishes with, and knows the owner, so once in a while we are able to get on there.

The problem with someone having a private ramp on there, is other people think they can use it anytime. There is no public ramp. Unless you know someone on the lake, there is no access, except from the road, and there is no parking on the road.

Also, keep in mind, this small lake (~100 acres)gets a lot of pressure from bank fishermen. The resident's need to call the DNR weekly because of out of season(spring), and over limit violations(all the time). This is a real problem here. They have busted bank fishermen with buckets of bass in april. Not only buckets, but buckets with upwards of 20 fish per! So I can't blame them for trying to protect the lake.

If you can get on there, it is a great bass lake. I got a 5lber out of there last year.

Glenn

BTW, how did you finish in Team Bass? We never did hook up with you...

Yeah Dude your right. I've never caught a fish on that lake, it sucks.

P.S. Season ain't over. We're heading to Okoboji Friday morning.

Here, smallie, smallie, smallie! LOL

Jo (from the mean green fitchin machine)

jojo- You go girl.. go get em.. hope you have a great time.. set the hook once for me if you will!

I have my last tournament of the season on East/West Rush lake Sunday... I have been getting some good fall bass on South Center and Chisago lately.. On tuesday night I got a 5.75.. and pulled a 4.75 off Tonka last Sunday in the Viking Bassmaster invite... Couldn't believe it, 76 boats showed up for that wonderfull day.. 40+ mph winds, rain all day. YOU GOT TO LOVE IT..

GOOD LUCK ON THE BOJI!!!

Beerfish,

I went to bsu for 5 years. Loved it up there, still visitquite a bit. I married a girl whose family lives in Bemidji, her mom is one of the mangers of the Pepercorn resturaunt.. Man there is some GREAT FISHING up there. Some of my best bassin days came in the bemidji area. We could discuss fishing spots up there some time.

I used to manage Kobilka's Sporting Goods, was a great job, but wouldn't pay off the school loans, So now I teach P.E. in the Chisago Lakes Schools.

GO BEAVERS!!!!

lets talk sometime beerfish!

Hey Exudedude, did you fish in the Teambass club this summer? I was wondering because there was a couple guys that had exude jerseys on. And I think they lived by south/north center boat access. just wondering. I havent fished for bass up here yet, dont have my own boat. Some buddies have boats but like to fish walleyes and muskies so it has been about a month since i have fished for bass frown.gif . Talk to ya later.
bf

Beerfish,

Yep, I'm the taller one without the facial hair. I had a tough season this year, did great fun fishing just didn't put it all togeather for the tournaments. I do live across the street from South Center Boat access. Fishing has been pretty good the last few weeks, I been trying to get out at least half the nights. How would I know you since you know me?

Exudedude

I fish out of a 94 nitro and my partner and i wore bright yellow kwick klamp shirts. We didn't do to great this year either. We talked to you guys before the tournament at lake alexander and you said you have never fished the lake before. Then you ended up winning. I fish chisago a lot and have caught some huge bass there. My dad brought me out there when i was younger and we would catch bass on almost every cast. I wish we could have a tournament out there, but i guess there had been too many tournaments there and the people on the lake got upset. Too bad. Anyway i will talk to you later.
bf

Beerfish, I remeber you guys...To be honest I didn't do all that well either... I love Chisago, Jeff my partner lives on the lake, so we fish it quite a bit.. I pulled a 6 lb bass out of there last tuesday night.. was a good battle!

RascalP-Would love to talk fishing, anytime! E-mail me [email protected]
I run the scoreboard for all the football games, so I would probably know who your stepson is!