• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer condition

Doing pretty good in the nw part of NoDak!! We've only got about 3" of snow on the ground here. Deer numbers are starting to come back & if we can keep this up we might have decent numbers in a couple years. There's a few pockets of good numbers but for the most part they're waaaay down still.

We've got a lot more snow in this area than it sounds like fishuhalik has. I'm not sure how much, but plenty at this point. Add to that the high number of very cold, cold days/nights and I think it's been a rough go of it for the deer so far here. I'm not sure how to quantify how the Winter's been for the deer, but I'd say tougher than average by a good bit.

My yard in Bismarck is about half grass right now, so I don't think the winter has been too hard on deer so far for most of the state. I know that area has a little more snow but nothing big. A little on the cold side, but nothing out of the ordinary really. Habitat loss a much bigger issue.