• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thoughts?

Ice Shack Baby

Minor league deal, low risk. He was a good dependable arm here for years. If his surgery last year worked, what's the worst case? Cut him, no big deal.

Hope he turns into a stud, but don't really see that happening. I also hope he's not the only free agent they go after.

I first understood the sport and changed my expectations the day my Father In Law said, "That is why they call it fishing, not catching". We then fished pretty much every weekend together for 32 years.

Huh?

Agree with Don low risk if he doesn't work no worries

Brewers overpaid Garza. He's not worth that much. He does chew up innings at 209 per year, but he's also a career .500 pitcher with a 3.84 ERA. I don't care that he has 1001 strikeouts, he has also given up 1557 baserunners. The only way the Twins should want him should be at a discount for short term. He has not proven that he can consistently win to earn a long term contract. What do you tell your fans that are already a bunch of internet whiners, "Today, we signed Matt Garza to a four year, $50,000,001 deal. He will give us 200 innings per year...and, umm, well...hmmm,...he might give us a chance to win some of those games for the next four years."

Contraction talk ? jk, we're a mess, the guys don't seem very fired up for the season, keep hearing we'll try to win some games, oh boy. It's too bad really, all-star game here now, team is disassembled, the young studs haven't proven it yet with the big club, we really need the buxtons,hicks,sano's to be special someday hopefully sooner than later, we're simply shaky in all phases right now, how's our team speed ? Power ? Defense ? etc. Pitching ? We are 1 big question mark. Offense is not scaring anyone at all.

Here we sit, right around the corner from spring training.... not much new happening as of late. The twinks better make a move or three real quick unless they want another year like the last few have been. The only real signing they made this off season is bringing Nolasco into the rotation. Going to be another loooong summer of watching a loosing team again I think frown