• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Egg Boiling People

I tried the tack idea last night and it worked great. I have always been frustrated by peeling hard boiled eggs, but not anymore. Here is how I hard boil my eggs:

1. Put the eggs in a pan and cover with cold water.

2. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, let it boil for one minute.

3. After one minute, turn off heat and cover pan. Let the eggs sit for 12 minutes.

4. After 12 minutes rinse with cold water until cool and you are good to go. It is hard to overcook an egg with this method.

Thanks for the tack idea. I see a lot of hard boiled eggs in my future! grin

I JUST PICKLED 2 DOZ !!!!

did em up in garlic onions and jalapenos

Brine:

1 cup water

3 cups white vinegar

1 cup apple cider vinegar

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tbls pickling salt

2 tbls ground mustard

CANT WAIT TO TRY EM !!!!!!!!! might be a lil sweet well have to tweek the brine if they are but sweet and hot might be tastie with an ice cold barley pop !!

THIS ONE grin just started a new batch they wont last long

I have a half dozen with that recipe in the fridge right now that I made earlier this week.

All we had was unfiltered cider vinegar.... Holy pucker, turn your face inside out.... Wow is that some potent stuff!

Gonna be interesting to try here in a few days. I need to talk a friend into trying one and say they are really good and watch the facial reaction.

Yes; part of eyeguy's recipe.

1 cup vinegar cider

1 cup white vinegar

1/2 cup water

1 TSP canning salt

1/2 TSP tabasco

2 TSP pickling spice

1/4 cup brown sugar

Left out the onions and peppers.

I boiled an egg today. It's hard to beat. laugh

My 2 batches are 3 weeks since being made. Trying to get the crew together to taste test. I am afraid if I try one, I will just eat them all.

ahhhh, I was thru there an hour ago. kids are in Elk River now so I popped over so they could have a date lunch. Grand Daughter is 4 weeks, 4 days young. You there Thursday?? Oh ya, grandpa can get you to sleep. smile

full-27930-42952-mms_picture(1).jpg

grin well I pickled 2 more doz today and when I was done I rewarded myself with a couple eggs from last batch along with some Veni summer sausage and a double wheat home brew from my buddie !!! good eating grin

Oh man, I'd be sleeping in the garage if I ate that combo. I don't have enough dogs to blame on that odor, but I bet that tasted amazing.