• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Sarah

To all,
Just a quick FYI. Lake Sarah's public (only) access has been officially closed by the DNR and the Sheriffs dep't due to the high water levels.
Their intention is to keep people off of the lake in order to prevent bank and yard erosion for the homeowners, yet the people who live on the lake are out there skiing and tubing on the lake.
This is B as in B, and S as in S.
If the very homeowners are not concerned why should average Joe fisherman be concerned.
Sorry to vent out loud, but some things really get me going. I will be making phone calls on Monday. I mean it just ain't cool to rip a guy's favorite lake out from under him 1 week before a tournament.
If anyone knows already how long this is supposed to last--Please let me know.

Good Luck

Since when are the homeowners any smarter than anyone else? I watch it almost daily on Clearwater.

Can you believe this? The BIGGEST offenders to no wake zones are pontoon boaters. Yes, the guys who get in, set the throttle at half or three-fourths, and sit back and cruise shoreline looking at the houses.

Hope you get back on Sarah soon, but I really hope we get rid of floodstage before there's even more damage to resources.

I agree with you Clayton. We fished Clearwater last weekend. A home owner in the channel between Clear & Augusta had hand painted a NO WAKE sign. As we were fishing the mouth of the channel a fool blasted in ignoring the no wake marker. Guess where he pulled in? Yep, he was the one that painted the sign.

It's a sad situation out on your lakes. Hopefully both the home owners & vistors wake up soon.

Jo

The Sarah in question here is out Hwy 55 from Mpls about 25 miles--just east of Rockford and a bit north and west of Independence.

I made the mistake of driving all the way over there from White Bear Lake on Sunday (and not reading this forum) only to find the access closed. Needless to say, I was a little irritated.

I ended up fishing a lake north of there called Charlotte. I won't be rushing back to it.