• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Broncos vs Seahawks Superbowl

fishersofmen

Seattle Seahawks

Sacks - 1

QB Hits - 4

And that was on 49 passing attempts.

I'm pretty sure the only person that impacted Payton Manning was Payton Manning.

Just because you dont sack or hit the QB doesnt mean you didnt have a huge impact on his comfort. Avril had a direct impact on both INTs. Manning had zero time to throw on them. Think he was there for the fumble too, but I dont think it was him that caused it. Then on the fourth down right before the half the other DE deflected the pass. How many other crummy throws did they force.

The pocket was collapsing right away for Manning unlike when he played NE, where he had all day to throw. Go back and watch the game and pay attention to Manning and his happy feet. Seattle crushed the pocket and that's why Manning stunk it up.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game Buck...Manning gets his "happy feet" when he can't get the ball out of his hands when he wants to...which is way faster than the D-Line can get to him. Just look up his stats as far as sacks/hits/pressures go...it's historically good.

Seattle did have good pressure...I'm not saying they didn't. My point was that Manning couldn't get rid of the ball when he WANTED to and that was because the D-Backs for the SeaChickens took that away from him.

Jared Allen would have 25 sacks per year if he were given the defensive backfield the Hawks have...chew on that for awhile.

Add one more franchise to win a Super Bowl. Are the Vikings going to join that group during our lifetime? Broncos were out of synch right from the first kickoff and never found their groove. Then add the turnovers and they never had a chance.

Yep, Broncos were horrible all the way around. Right from the kickoff with Holiday bringing it out to the 12, to the bad snap over Mannings head for a safety when he's coming up to the line to change the play, right then I was like oh no not one of these games.

Holiday was setting up bad field position all game, guys were getting dominated on the line, Manning was pressured making some bad throws, WR's were dropping passes and fumbling, Moreno could of ran up and atleast got in the way of the guy that made that Pick 6. He just stood there waiting for the ball to come to him.

Not taking anything away from the Seahawks they played mean all game but man the Broncos sure did absolutely nothing to help the cause. You could never win a game with all them mistakes, especially against one of the better D's of all time.

Broncos could have played a good game and they still would have gotten beat. Instead they played a lousy game and got destroyed. John Fox's face after the Percy Harvin kickoff return said it all. No more books about Manning, words of Peyton in red.

It was won and lost by defensive line play. Seattle's showed up and Denver's did not. How bad is Robert Ayers? Wow, how does that guy make a roster on any team? His side was just destroyed consistently. Also what is with the tackling on Denver's d'line? There were a lot of missed opportunities.

Anybody else get a chuckle out of Aikman's take on Wilson being labeled a "game managing" QB? Whoaaaa there Cowboy, a little defensive there being you were the definition of a game managing QB.

Things I learned:

Seattle was ready, Denver was not

AFC was a ton weaker this year

Joe Buck is a complete turdface (already knew that but now know it more than ever)

National anthems shouldn't be sung in opera

This was a home game for Seattle (most Ive heard from crowd noise in a super bowl)

John Fox can not handle adversity

Did I miss this years Go-Daddy commercial?

I am going to take Seattle 31-27. I really hope its a good close game, and I think it could go either way. If Seattle can get some real pressure on Manning they will win. If they don't Denver is going to win. I actually think we might see a "cheap" shot or two on Manning. Get his feet moving, that is the way to beat him.[/i]

For Seattle we should see a healthy dose of Lynch,and look for some creative ways to get Percy the ball.

[i]In the end whoever wins the turnover battle has 90% chance of winning the game.[/i]

Pretty much nailed it. Sure wish it would have been a much closer game, even I was impressed by how the pressure got to Manning. I couldn't believe how loud it was there too. There were a ton of Seattle fans there. Didn't have to listen to a single Omaha from that rube. As Vikings fans we should enjoy this, it maybe as close as we ever get to a championship.

This game above everything else PROVED that championships are WON in the trenches. The closer you are to the QB on every play the more you matter. The LOB would not have looked near as good if Manning wasnt under tremendous pressure all night.

Congrats Seattle.

Seriously bro, could you be any more robotic in your assessment?

WHO EVER WINS THE TURNOVER BATTLE HAS A 90% CHANCE OF WINNING THE GAME. (Robot voice)

Solid take Buck. If a 5yr old was forced to watch CBS pregames all year they would say the same thing.

Anybody else get a chuckle out of Aikman's take on Wilson being labeled a "game managing" QB? Whoaaaa there Cowboy, a little defensive there being you were the definition of a game managing QB.

Maybe you could call him that but his career stats for only 12 years of play are not that far off from John Elway's first 12 years of stats and I'm not too sure too many would call Elway a "game manager".

Elway didnt have that O-line, WRs, RB, FB, or TE. Insert Ponder and theyd have won those SBs. Aikman was the definition of "Game-Managing" QB's. You think Aikmans Stat line makes him a HOFer? Come on Big Dave, dude averaged like 200 yrds a game. The only similarity you can make between the 2 is the butt-chin they both sport.

My plant is in Seattle/Tacoma... they'd string me up if they saw this! Told them I will ride the SeaChicken train with them till the end.

Denver wins. As much as I believe in the premise of Defense wins Championships, Denver's offense is a true exception to that premise. Manning WILL be able to pass on Seattle and he will not let this chance slip through his fingers barring an injury or something totally unexpected.... 55 passing TDs is a whole 'nother kind of #1 offense. That is averging just shy of 4 passing TDs a game... Manning is probably the best game planning QB in the league. He will find ways to exploit Seattle's D. Seattle does not play well from behind. They are built to control the clock. Their offense has been waaaay too quiet the second half of the season. Without some Defensive points scored, don't think there is enough chug in that engine to keep up score wise with Denver.

I'm hoping it will be a great game. Back and forth would be great till the end, but I just don't see it. Denver by 10+ points.

Good Luck!

Ken

That Denver offense really showed up that poor Seattle D!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Seattle offense was pretty quiet too only put up 27 points of their own, no way 27 points would have kept pace with that hot Denver offense.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Elway didnt have that O-line, WRs, RB, FB, or TE. Insert Ponder and theyd have won those SBs. Aikman was the definition of "Game-Managing" QB's. You think Aikmans Stat line makes him a HOFer? Come on Big Dave, dude averaged like 200 yrds a game. The only similarity you can make between the 2 is the butt-chin they both sport.

Where did I say HOF? Know how many yards Elway averaged per game? 220. Like I said, Their stats are similar.

I'm mostly hearing Seattle and Harvin being the difference maker. I hope Manning just shreds that D and Harvin is a complete non factor. I also hope that if Seattle does win it's not a "Russell beat Peyton" story. That'd be so lame. Russ Wilson isn't even close.

Well Harvin did his job! And well Wilson didn't choke! He was the perfect game manager. Again thanks for making us believe.

Seriously bro, could you be any more robotic in your assessment?

WHO EVER WINS THE TURNOVER BATTLE HAS A 90% CHANCE OF WINNING THE GAME. (Robot voice)

Solid take Buck. If a 5yr old was forced to watch CBS pregames all year they would say the same thing.

Other than the score I pretty much nailed exactly what happened in the game; Harvin, the front 4 pressure, the turnovers, the happy feet. How did you do with your Denver pick and Manning shredding the LOB?? I hope you dont suck as bad at the rest of life as you do analyzing and commenting on football.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Actually Buck, you did pretty much copy what all the analysts were saying about the keys to the game.

I believe that's what he meant by robotic. He's saying you were a parrot.

Yep Deets, I blew that guess, stuck my neck out believing Peyton was the real deal... He wasn't / isn't. Hope you didn't bet your check on my prediction... Hahahah all you want, I took a stab at a prediction, i'm big enough o admit it...I don't think it was off base from many other prefictions... Cut and paste yours here so I can see how great of a prognosticator you are, or are you one of those guys that love to predict in the rear view mirror? Always 20/20 there. If its any consolation, I picked Seattle in week one to win the Super Bowl at the office... I almost always go #1 D and stated that in my post, but I just felt Seattle was sliding into mediocrity on offense the last 4-5 games and Denver had their offense running like a top so felt it would be close till the fourth qtr where Peyton puts up one last TD... Yep! Not even remotely close...

Good luck!

Ken

Other than the score I pretty much nailed exactly what happened in the game; Harvin, the front 4 pressure, the turnovers, the happy feet. How did you do with your Denver pick and Manning shredding the LOB?? I hope you dont suck as bad at the rest of life as you do analyzing and commenting on football.

Maybe if I were robotic and generic I would not suck as bad. I should start taking your advise to become the solid person you portray.

BTW, Peyton always has "happy feet." Throwing for 400 and 5 TDs and a W or Throwing a couple picks and an L.