• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Worm

Hi, Guys,

I bought a box of Walking Warm after seen the Ads from US Today. But I have not caught any bass by using it. It supposed to be very effective. I used fish for bass by using "Zoom" plastic worm with Carlifornia rig. It worked me very well. I tried this in Walking worm, seemed not good at all. I am wondering if there are somebody using Walking worm to catch bass. If so, what kind of rig you are using?

I havnt caught much on them either. I usually used them on a jig or carolina rigged them. They didnt seem to work for me either. Had great action in the water though.

[This message has been edited by fishingfrenzy (edited 06-15-2002).]

The few times I did try using them (borrowed a few from the neighbor) I caught jack squat...they are more or less just a marketing scam in my opinion. You can catch a bass on ANYthing...literally, when he is active. Even if the action and design is horrible. Just because you see or read about people catching fish on something doesn't really mean much at all, especially with bass.

gimmicks are not always the best...My wife laughs at me" you have thousands of goodies in that takle bag of yours and look what you use!"

she is right, last weekend on tonka my buddie wanted to find some crappies, thought he was nuts. we were in a bay that had bas written all over it, so i tried some leaches, spinners, hula poppers everything. No luck! so i told my bed that it was time for my "magic worm". I pulled out my bag of power bait worms (pumpkin seed with orange heads)he made a joke about them loking rather old.after one wiff of the bag i decided they were ripe enough to wake the dead!!!

1st cast bang a 2.5 pounder... my bud was laughing so hard he almost fell off the boat. I told him to change ends of the boat so i could show him what he had been missing...3 casts later i hooked into a 5.4 pounder. What a fish!!! a rubber worm, a 1/4 oz split shot 3' up and success.