• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My grandfather's model 94

minky

This past hunting season my father pasted my grandfathers 94 on to me.

When I took it hunting it almost felt like my grandfather was right there!

I didn't get a deer that morning but it still was one of my best hunts of the season.

Here's to great old rifles and the people who used them!

I have almost a full box of the factory black powder rounds and I have shot it. It has a curved brass butt plate and it throws a huge pumpkin ball so I held on tight the first time I shot it. I was surprised that it didn't buck as hard as I thought it would. The rifle is so heavy it must reduce the felt recoil. I wish I had more ammo for it. Mine has a double set-trigger that drops the trigger pull from around 7 pounds to 1.5 pounds. For an old cannon it's supposed to be a good shooter out to several hundred yards.

My grandpa used an old Marlin Model 36 back in the 50's and 60's. Since then, my dad, uncle, myself, and my brother all used the same gun to shoot our first deer. In 2010, my son started hunting and used it to shoot his first deer also. Although, I did have him shoot the modern Hornady Leverevolution ammo!

I also have a model 94 .30wcf full octagon barrel with a short magazine (only holds four shells in magazine)that was passed down to me.it was made between 1899 and 1901 I try to take it out at least once a year during season. I did shoot a nice doe this year with it. first time in about thirty years that it has killed a deer. great gun for sneak hunting

I have a 30.06 woods master that I bought from a pawnshop.

It was well used but had been taken care of.

I often wonder if the rifle good talk what stories it would tell.

I still get in a hunt with it every once in a while.

My gramps handed down a very similar gun to my dad and I use it on drives when I am a driver. Chambered in .30 WCF (30-30) no octagon barrel but it has the short magazine and a finish that looks silver. I have taken 3 deer with it. Fun to shoot, light, holds steady and sounds cool when it goes off.

I have my grandfathers Winchester model 94 30-30 that I got a few years ago. The first year I took it to SD for a prairie whitetail hunt. I knew that I would use my primary rifle for a buck and make the switch when I harvested a doe. I can honestly say that it was one of my most enjoyable hunts. I look forward to using it again but I primarily hunt a shotgun zone.