• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It was wild out there today! Wind, rain, sleet, more wind... Was a steady 25 mph wind throughout much of the day. When the sleet and rain started it didn't let up at all. Managed to pull out a 3rd place finish in the first qualifier for the Vermont Sportsman Hardwater Tournament Series. I'll take that any day!

2014-01-11_20-07-55_121.jpg

Nice work, man!

I wish we had something structured like that around here.

Folks drive 100+ miles to fish a day on a regular basis here in Minnesota. That only gets us 1/4 of the way across the state, but out there states are tiny. I'd guess that 100 miles would get you from just about anywhere in NH to just about anywhere in VT -- with a more average distance being more like 50 or 70 miles, no? Go for it!

Nice work, man!

Folks drive 100+ miles to fish a day on a regular basis here in Minnesota. That only gets us 1/4 of the way across the state, but out there states are tiny. I'd guess that 100 miles would get you from just about anywhere in NH to just about anywhere in VT -- with a more average distance being more like 50 or 70 miles, no? Go for it!

This tournament was about 85 miles from my house and I live in central VT. It would be quite a haul from southern NH. I drive at least an hour every day that I fish because I've got nothing near me.

Awesome.How many people were entered? I hope it was more than three(joke).

I wish we had something structured like that around here.

Spike

51 people total. My fishing partner placed 4th too. Good showing for us! There should be some tournaments on the connecticut this summer.

Quote:

This tournament was about 85 miles from my house and I live in central VT. It would be quite a haul from southern NH. I drive at least an hour every day that I fish because I've got nothing near me.

Dylan has that right. I'm about 3hrs from Burlington and that tourney looked another hr from there. We may look small on a map but when you drive it it isn't so small lol.

My typical day is 1.5 to 2 hrs one way per trip, unless I fish local then it's only 5 minutes. Nice!

Spike

51 people total. My fishing partner placed 4th too. Good showing for us! There should be some tournaments on the connecticut this summer.

Good deal. You should be proud. I was reading the rules. It was cool to see how they have it set up. i assume you would defiitely want three perch in the lot. What would you target after that? Crappie or sunnies? I guess Crappie would typically get you more weight no?

Spike