• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tire pressure

KidWalleye

I have a 03' Yamaha Kodiak, and was wondering what tire pressure everyone uses. The book says 3.6 psi. and the tire says max of 36 psi. I will be using it in the woods for deer hunting and on the ice, fishing. Mt brother in law has a honda rancher 350 and he was wondering the same thing. He will also be using his the same way.

If you look closer, I believe the 30-something PSI rating is for setting the bead when the tire is installed on the wheel; IF it's needed.

Some will air-up the tires to be firmer if they're pulling a trailer or carrying a load on the rack often. Also, airing 'em up will give just a bit more ground clearance.

Airing up the fronts will make the steering a bit easier on certain trails conditions.

The lower pressure in tires equates to giving some of the softness in the ride as well; it acts as part of the suspension.

A lower air-pressured tire will have a wider track on terrain as well, giving you more tire contact to ground and better traction.

It's up to you but I usually run about 7psi and that's on a fully independent suspension'd machine. I strongly advise NOT to air an ATV tire up to 30-something PSI.

I beleive there reasoning is that you won't tear up the trails as much with softer tires. They have spot checks out on the trails. It will be in Mn soon you watch, most of the new regs coming out have been in place over here for some time. There talking about loud exhaust over here now, so we'll see what that brings. Good luck