• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DarthBaiter

truck tires

Just taking a quick survey on what you all have for tires on your trucks? It's time for new ones and was open to opinions and or experiences on brands/models of tires. Thanks

I'm a goodyear guy so wranglers are pretty high on my list unless you own a Chevrolet, then disregard.

I have bfgoodrich rugged trail T/A's on the tundra. It's a great tire and no complaints except I'll be replacing them at 40k. Otherwise they have done well in every major snowstorm including pulling the boat in the snowstorms.

I have Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventures on order and can't wait to get them on. I drove a plow truck with them for a week and was very impressed with the traction and how quiet they where on the highway.

I just switched from BF Goodrich All Terrains to Yokohama Geolanders. The BF Goodrich AT's were kinda dangerous on iced up roads. The Yokos have been awesome so far. As A matter of fact I put new tires on my wifes car this fall too and they were awful in snow and ice. I ended up switching vehicles with my wife until I could afford some actual winter tires for her car. When the truck had the BF's I was very nervous to let her drive in wintery conditions. But the Geolanders are awesome on crappy roads and I felt safe letting her use my truck as her daily driver last month. I run 10 ply tires and the road noise is way down too from the AT's.

I put on some General AT2's. They look friggen sweet and handle the snow well. Mr. Special wants to pick a set up.

I've had Yokohama's Geolander AT's and those were good. Pulled many out of the snow drifts on Tonka with those.

I also had Hanook something or other and didn't care of them. They slip easy when wet.

I also like the Goodyear Wrangler ATs. There are a few variations of them with Kevlar and Silent Armor. Excellent traction, and I've had multiple sets go over 80k....one went over 110k.

The only thing I dislike is that they robbed about 2-3mpg from my Ecoboost.

Wrangler SRA's came on my truck. They are basically a car tire. Good for mileage and no road noise, but they were junk after 30k. I would rank them as barely adequate in winter.

Used the Duratrac's for about 5k. They are an incredible winter tire, but the road noise and mileage loss was too much for me.

Had a set of BFG AT (or TA?) that came on a truck. They came off my truck the first time I drove them in snow. Absolute junk.

I'll give you another choice. I put on Michelin LTX M/S 2 on my F150 and I really like the tires. They aren't aggressive off road tires but they are great in the snow and rain, and very quiet. They are also a 70,000 mile tire.

Had BFG AT KO's for 60,000 and they were fine (traction, mileage, noise) but over $1200 for the set put on. Since I only use my truck for pulling boat/trailers and not a daily driver and don't put on more than 4-5,000 a year I put on Treadwright brand re-treads last time around. $600 shipped to my door for the 33's. I have a mud terrain this time around that has gotten me out of some chitty boat landings already and the best snow tire I've had in a long long time. I know the road noise wouldn't work for everyone (and mud tires don't last as long as car tires) but if you have truck that's not your daily driver and don't feel like spending a fortune I highly recommend them.

The other positive for me is the fact that I don't feel like I have to run the set bald 'a few more miles' to feel like I got my money worth. For 1/2 price of name brand I'll toss them before they get bald and get another set.

Goodyear Wranglers here. 74,000 miles on the first set and I am at 68,000 and counting on the second set. This is on a 2007 GMC Sierra Crew Cab.

I put some Cooper CTS on my trailblazer. More highway tire, but I am impressed. Good traction, quiet, and don't break loose like some reports had them doing, heard they were a harder tire, but much better than the duelers I had previously. Stepson has the Cooper AT3 and did well in NoDak hunting in fields, and so far this winter. I will likely get the AT3 when my k1500 needs new ones, but the off brand Wild Country (Multimile) AT's are doign great on that truck for now, still going into the 55k+ range. The Coopers were a steal too, when the rebates were going...

Have about 3k miles on the BFG TA/KOs on my stock '05 Silverado 1500 crew. They look cool and I have been really impressed in the deep snow but they are bad on icy roads- really loose in the back end- and I think I lost almost 2mpg. Only got 45k out of the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors I just replaced but they were load range E for pulling the camper. That was a great tire for the snow/slush the first couple winters but after 1/2 tread they lost most of that traction. Have also had Goodyear Wrangler SRA's and Dueller A/Ts which are an all around good tire. Always looking for the next best thing and I think I would take a hard look at the Cooper AT3s for the money. Whatever you get make sure it is a load range C(6 ply) and not the P rated.

Whatever you get make sure it is a load range C(6 ply) and not the P rated.

Why c? A lot of them say SL for load rating?

Maybe I should have said to look for a LT tire as opposed to a P. I am not sure what the sl means so hopefully others can chime in.

Ive got Nitto Terragrapplers on my silverado. Not sure how long they will last, Ive had them for 2 years and only have 12,000 miles on them. They will go about ANYWHERE on the lake or in the woods. They do make alot of noise though!

Well I thought I had settled on a set of General grabber AT2's. I called D.T. and the guy didn't recommend them due to fact they are being discontinued and if something went wrong there might not be a replacement. He mentioned Cooper ATP's

After hours upon hours of research, I don't need off road tires per say, so I'm now leaning General Grabber HTS or Cooper Discoverer HTP. I don't know. Who knew picking out a tire could be so dang hard.

Toyo Open Country AT2 are a 65k mile tire, quiet, very good on snow/mud/ice. Only expecting to get 45-50k miles out of them as I drive a decent amount of gravel and off road but that would be fine with me for a set of tires that I didn't even spend $800 on.

Quote:
Well I thought I had settled on a set of General grabber AT2's. I called D.T. and the guy didn't recommend them due to fact they are being discontinued and if something went wrong there might not be a replacement.

What? Cripes I just got these in Nov and no one mentioned about them being discontinued. Mother....

Ive got Nitto Terragrapplers on my silverado. Not sure how long they will last, Ive had them for 2 years and only have 12,000 miles on them. They will go about ANYWHERE on the lake or in the woods. They do make alot of noise though!

These remind me of the Old Power Cats MTs They made a ton of noise but lasted forever and went threw anything you put them on.

I have Bridgestone Dueler AT's on my GMC Sierra. I have been happy with them. They get good gas mileage and have performed decently on the lake. They are very quiet on the road.

I had BFG AT's and those were great off road tires. They definitely robbed a few mpg's (being a LT tire vs. the "P" tire I have now the difference wasn't a surprise to me).

Mounted up the new goodyear all terrain adventurers' tonight. The first trip on the ice will be Sunday and I'll have to wait till next fall to give the towing a boat in 8 inches of snow report!