• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any word on the latest MN. ATV reg's changing?

Eyewitness

Girlfriend said she was listening to the radio today and heard that the outlawing of ATV's in Mn. just took a big step in that direction????? I can't find anything on it. Anyone know anything that happened today in the news that is bad press for ATVing? Being that I just bought two new ones I'm more than a little concerned.......

Sorry, been away for a few days.

opsirc, where on earth did you hear that?

I believe cross country travel in national forests is now prohibited. State lands have been this way for a few years and it really doesn't affect ATV travel. Stay on the trails.

Yeah, for example superior & chippewa national forest are closed to cross country riding. Looks like ya can only ride on the designated trails.

Also a note on the state forest lands: The state forests that will be listed as managed or limited will still allow off trail atv use for big game hunting during October - December. See the DNR's "state forest riding rules" for more info...

we were in chippawa forest opening of duck and the dnr guy told us as of sept 14 all trails in the forest are closed unless posted open you cannot drive them unless they say you can. they give you a 90 day grace period for now then next year we are screwed. no cross country travel is allowed. we need to stop this **** so write your congree they slipped this in and we need to stop it
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

makes alot of sense. there are forest roads that it is legal to drive a car on, but illegal to ride an atv on. confused.gif
Dave, where do we go from here??
i will say that i have seen a few areas that are atv friendly. by this i mean, atv use not only allowed, but welcome, with tire grooves in the ditches for miles in all directions. parking on town streets, and side walks is welcome.
the problem is that with all the closures going on, i feel apprehensive in divuldging these locations for fear they will be overwhelmed by lost soles looking to enjoy their sport, resulting in a negative outlook there also.
if you know of areas like this, be glad they exist, and treat them with respect.
long live my yamaha!!

------------------
an "all chapters, charter member" jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5
putz said, "son, if you keep clamping you'll go blind" i said, "can i do it till i need glasses?"

[This message has been edited by jigglestick (edited 10-05-2004).]

Where do we go from here? Go to your town council, your county and your state representatives and let them know that you support the ATV recreation. When the next legislative session comes, be active with letters and voices. Get riders to join a club and ATVAM. Talk to riders who only use their machines occassionally. These closures will affect them as well during hunting. That should keep ya busy for awhile... smile.gif