• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How does wild hog grill up and taste compared to farm raised hog?

My Brother got a bigger boar and butchered as a normal hog. He said it had more gristle and had a stronger taste he did not like. He ended up grinding it all into sausage and said it was fine for that. The guys he hunted with told him for table fare they shoot smaller sows. Everything else sausage. I could not tell from the sausage it was not normal hog. I did not get to taste the chops he did not like. It was a domestic hog gone wild not the Russian boar variety. He told me his boar was over 250lbs

Mwal

A corporate raised hog tastes bland in comparison to a pen raised hog that gets to root for food,Much better taste! a ferral hog has less fat than the pen raised but the taste is close to the same.A wild boar over 150-175 gets a stronger taste,That taste is similuar to the glandular excretement if you ever smelled it the meat has a taste of it the larger the stronger.

Its to bad hog hunting has gone wild! In southern states and california in the 70s 80 most any farmer would give permission to kill em all!! Then the craze!!! and that made some see the profits for free removal with a money making hunt my land for a price.

Yet tho if you know someone who farms or knows the farmers down south you can get permission for kill em all without charge.

A corporate raised hog tastes bland in comparison to a pen raised hog that gets to root for food,Much better taste! a ferral hog has less fat than the pen raised but the taste is close to the same.A wild boar over 150-175 gets a stronger taste,That taste is similuar to the glandular excretement if you ever smelled it the meat has a taste of it the larger the stronger.

Its to bad hog hunting has gone wild! In southern states and california in the 70s 80 most any farmer would give permission to kill em all!! Then the craze!!! and that made some see the profits for free removal with a money making hunt my land for a price.

Yet tho if you know someone who farms or knows the farmers down south you can get permission for kill em all without charge.

Maybe they could use a few Minnesota Wolves down there to help them out with their little problem! wink