• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Cat 400

Yamahopper

I just bought a new 2004 Arctic Cat 400 4x4. I bought it mainly for ice fishing but the 12" ground clearance was definatly a factor in me going with the Cat. I only have about 16 miles on it so I can't give you a full report on it. I went with the manual trans. instead of automatic (im kinda old fashioned). It seems to have pleanty of power I weigh about 250 and it has no trouble pulling me around. I haven't topped it out yet but 45-50 mph doesn't seem like it will be a problem. I wish I could give you more info but so far i am happy with mine.

Thanks for the reply! That is plenty of speed for me. Trees and ice hurt at that speed. The 05,s have a front diff lock you can shift in and out that might help in deeper snow. There should be more input on these great looking machines.