• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i'm 99% sure its 3 lines per person, if you decide to go with the 4 good luck, I hope your caught. lol. if not good luck catching whoppers!

I'm afraid you are wrong.....check page 28 of the sd gfp regs book:

http://gfp.sd.gov/ePubs/wildlife/2014-fishing-handbook/2014FishingHandbook-02.pdf

A line is defined as a length of string or cord to which a hook or artificial lure is attached for the purpose of catching fish.

• Two lines and three hooks per line may be used for fishing whereas four lines may be used for fishing through the ice

Has this changed recently or has it been 4 lines for ice fishing for a while? I thought I remember it being 3 when we were there a few years ago. Thanks!

Four makes it nice when chasing flags but I'd think it would be hard to manage for lines without using tip-ups or rattle reels.

Has this changed recently or has it been 4 lines for ice fishing for a while? I thought I remember it being 3 when we were there a few years ago. Thanks!

Four makes it nice when chasing flags but I'd think it would be hard to manage for lines without using tip-ups or rattle reels.

The law doesn't say that you HAVE to use four lines. So yes, very handy when running tip ups. If you're jigging and they're biting so fast and furious that you only need one line then great- use one line. Nobody will think you are less of a man. Please let the rest of the state of MN realize that changing our laws to more lines doesn't mean you have to use all of them either. You can't keep anymore fish no matter one line or 15- spread the word.

Been 4 through the ice for many many many many many years. And yes, just because you can have 4, doesn't mean you have to. I very rarely have 4 lines out, or two in the summer for that matter. It is nice to have the option though

I like to have a bobber down in the house and jig another. Here in MN that's all I can do with the 2 line per person regs so I rarely use tip-ups. Headed that way for a trip so I will have to remember to bring the tip-ups.

I know I don't have to use four lines but I like to have the option. If we're catching too many fish jigging then I guess the tip-ups will have to stay in the truck. Would love the have to worry about that problem. Thanks guys!