• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

taking in/out boat

Gus

Is there an ATV out there that can handle the load of a 17ft lund angler? I'm guessing no, but want to make sure. Sorry I don't know the exact weight of the boat as it's my Grandfathers. Currently he has a surburban that stays at the lake for these chores, but it's about had it's day and he is intersted in getting a 4 wheeler to do the dutys. Thanks.

I've got a Polaris Sportsman 500 that we used to move the boat around quite a bit at the cabin. It handled fine. I'm not sure about loading/unloading at a landing though. Maybe check into the Sportsman 700. It's a beast.

I used to have a 16' 4" Crestliner with a 45 hp Honda.
I could easily put it in the lake at my Dads cabin with his Kodiak 400 4x4.

One thing I see come up quite a bit on here is recommendations for bigger ATV's for certain jobs. Sure, in some cases bigger is better.
In the case of dumping in the boat, the traction is the problem I have now. I have a 1750 Fishhawk with a 75 hp Honda. I cannot use the ATV to pull it out of the lake, because the tires literally spin on the ramp. Power is not the issue in most cases. It is the traction part that is usually more of a problem.