• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blue tipz Problem!

slurpie

Wondering if anyone else has tried these. I bought a 2 pack was really excited but now not impressed. I tried them in the house and thought they would be good but sitting in my portable they don't go off. Or it takes twenty or more seconds after the flag is up. Now for the little bit that I have used them one don't even blink. Wondering what you guys are finding out?

slurpie, I'm sorry to hear about your problems. send me a PM and we can talk about it. I'm the engineer behind BlueTipz and I'd love to learn more about what's happening so we can resolve it and make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

From what you've described, it sounds like one of the issues has to do with delay; we've found that Apple devices reduce the scanning frequency significantly when in background mode or when the screen is off so that it saves battery power, and in our testing it can be up to 15 seconds before the phone scans and gets the signal. Unfortunately there's nothing Apple will let us do to make it scan more frequently.

As for the one that doesn't blink anymore, that's very odd, and we may ask you to send us the defective unit (on our dime) so we can replace it but also so we can figure out what went wrong.

Please PM me, and anyone else who has used BlueTipz please also add to this forum your experiences good and bad.

I hope you get them perfected. Strike Sensors were a good product but they aren't around anymore. I really like the concept, don't give up. It sounds like they are ok in most applications now.

Wow EngineerBob that is very cool and way to stand by the product. While I think the concept is very cool and I haven't done any kind of research on the product I would be very curious to know the range you are able to achieve on these devices, I run multiple bluetooth devices from my phone, in car, little jambox speakers, bluetooth earpiece and even a from my phone to laptop and truth be told if I get even 20 feet from most I start to loose connectivity, and I'm usually running my tip-ups 20 or yards from me.

In one of the advertisement I believe I saw 600 feet open air, 300 feet if in an ice house. From my understanding the concept is the tip up broadcasts the signal, it doesn't receive anything from the phone. Phones don'thave a very strong blue tooth antenna which is why you lose signal in a short distance. But if the tip up has a strong output and doesn't need input from the phone those distances are easily achievable.

Cool concept, just hope they make it available on the Samsung Note 2 so I can try one.

RuKiddingMe, BlueTipz uses Bluetooth Low Energy, also known as BT 4.0, which is the newest version. It was designed specifically for low power sensors to get great battery life and longer tansmission distance by sending out brief but high powered data packets. Bluetooth classic requires a constant connection and is capable of much higher bandwidth, but at the expense of range and battery. It is only a couple years old, which is why not all the Android phones support it, but everything since the iPhone 4S has been working great.

We've tested to 200 yards line of sight but shacks are made of a lot of different materials, some of which block signals more (like shed steel), and having a window makes a difference (even if not directly line of sight) so we can't make any claims of range inside shacks.

Just bought a 2 pack.

set them up and set my phone screen to never turn off.

Could get each one to alert me once that was it.

Never alerted again unless I stopped scanning then restarted the scan.

Never once got a dual notification if both went off at same time and waited 30 seconds or more for the second.

Tried a at least 20 times and had the transmitters 8’ to each side of phone.

Total disappointment and pissed at all the time I wasted.

Even deleted and reloaded app 3 times to reset process.

This product should work better for the $80 I blew on them.

Will return for a full refund.

On 12/3/2019 at 4:19 PM, Bart Strege said:

Just bought a 2 pack.

set them up and set my phone screen to never turn off.

Could get each one to alert me once that was it.

Never alerted again unless I stopped scanning then restarted the scan.

Never once got a dual notification if both went off at same time and waited 30 seconds or more for the second.

Tried a at least 20 times and had the transmitters 8’ to each side of phone.

Total disappointment and pissed at all the time I wasted.

Even deleted and reloaded app 3 times to reset process.

This product should work better for the $80 I blew on them.

Will return for a full refund.

Bart, email me at [email protected], I will help you out.